Seahawks Come To Terms With Free Agent WR Sidney Rice To A Five-Year, $44M Deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Veteran WR Sidney Rice joined the Minnesota-to-Seattle exodus Wednesday, agreeing to a five-year, $41 million deal with the Seahawks, according to a league source. The deal contains $18.5 million guaranteed and, with $3 million in Pro Bowl escalators, can grow to $44 million in total value. Rice’s deal comes one day after former Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson agreed to a contract with the Seahawks, who have ex-Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell on staff.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Vikings are stupid for letting Rice get away. He is just plain nasty.

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Have fun playing with T-Jack again.

4. NFL Network reports the deal includes an addition $3M Pro Bowl escalator.....

5. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

An elite WR. Seahawks get an A+

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

one year of production is not worth 44 million with AP on the team.

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Excellent.

8. Article updated.....

9. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Gotta pay extra to get him to come to seattle.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I call it now, he will be a none issue this year.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

This is why I wanted the Vikes to use the Franchise tag on him, get one more year to evaluate, see if he can stay on the field.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nice signing. Trouble is, who is throwing him the ball and they probably paid a bit much...

Definitely a nice player for the Seahawks.

13. Alvin Harper V2.0?

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I have a feeling, unlesws the Seahawks get a QB a RB and some real production out of the line yes.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

worst move for Rice.

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he came relatively cheap compared to the holmes deal.....but people forget he was a nobody before favre and hasnt been an anybody since favre...injuries blah blah but he is really a one year wonder and was probably 4th on the depth chart before favre and was the reason they drafted harvin, because he was terrible.

even if he wasnt terrible and he was getting poor QB play...he will be getting similar QB play this year from whitehurst or jackson

17. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

you understand, and pretty much said what i was going to say, he was nothing without favre

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Knock the signing if you want, but this was one of the most coveted guys out there. It's a good signing.

19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i really kinda think edwards or v. jackson would be better answers than rice, rice really hecked his career going there to that crap, i think hes a good player but hes not gonna andre johnson that crap and make even terrible QBs look decent, rice was terrible before favre and he was terrible after favre. unless they are so crapty and can land a good QB (luck) next year...but rice made the right choice seeing how hes a one year wonder with brett favre being a hero that year that just secured $18,500,000 in his bank account....good for him i guess