Seahawks Come To Terms With Free Agent WR Sidney Rice To A Five-Year, $44M Deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

It's not so much Favre, but he needs a QB that knows how to trust & throw to a big receiver.
    Whitehurst played (or practiced) with a lot of big receivers in SD. Might be something there.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He had a big receiver in Williams and still was awful.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

How do we know he's nothing without Favre? I believe he's a one year wonder as well but uh Favre was still playing last year. Albeit not well but he was playing nonetheless.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Rice was hurt last season, When he came back, Farve got hurt.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I've seen crazier crap happen. If the Hawks put another piece on that OL to go with Gallery and the road graters in the draft, Lynch and co. will be producing on the ground. Mike Williams, Sidney Rice, John Carlson, Golden Tate... that ain't a bad squad. I am not sold on Tarvaris Jackson in the least, I wouldn't be surprised if Clipboard Jesus took the reins. But he isn't walking into a terrible situation.

6. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Yeah but nobody was playing well on that team before or after he came back from injury. To say Favre made him is a bit of reach IMO. Not to mention Favre is a gunslinger who although he leads the NFL in many good categories he also leads the NFL in interceptions so I don't think he can make or break anybody individually. He can make or break a team as a whole but not just one player. But again that's how I see it. I feel Favre is overrated and a majority of the records he broke was by default due to his longevity. But hey that's just how I feel.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah but to say favre wasnt great that year in particular would be lying...he was really a great QB and he really did make rice from a nobody to a somebody.

i think favre made rice go from maybe renewing a minimum deal with the vikings who would keep him on board as depth at WR, to a hot open market commodity securing $18.5 million in his bank account and possibly up to $44 million. people seem to really forget how bad he was at first, and i dont think it was a mistake that favre came to town and he was instantly a pro bowl caliber player.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Rice was always able to go up and get the ball over receivers even his rookie season, anybody with a freaking brain could tell he was going to be good. But Favre carried him? This is a joke, he made a bad choice going to Seattle though, any elite receiver in the league would take a production hit the moment they boarded a plane to Seattle.

9. K Train

rice was no better than dwayne jarrett his rookie year, was good for 2 TDs down the sideline per year until favre came and he was the reason they drafted harvin...because he sucked and was being labeled troy williamson 2.0.

so yeah, favre carried him, at least made his potential actually come out

10. Crowned

So if he goes to the pro bowl any year for the rest of his career we need to instantly think Favre?

11. K Train

no, but i think we see a major drop in production with crapty QB play. i think hes a good player, but hes not a world beater that can make anyone look half decent at QB.

i think with the okung, gallery, unger, moffit, carpenter line and potentially disastorous play out of jackson or whitehurst, andrew like and sidney rice and make magic through the air together.

but no, i dont think he will be seeing any pro bowls with the current stable of crap they have throwing to him

12. Crowned

Dude there isn't a receiver in this league that goes to Seattle and doesn't take a production hit at this point.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Funny, same exact thing can be said for any hitter going to the Mariners as well.