SummerSlam

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Jul 28, 2011.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

[​IMG]

August 14, 2011 - Staples Center - Los Angeles, California

Champion vs. Champion - CM Punk vs. John Cena to determine the undisputed WWE Champion

No Holds Barred match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian [c] vs Randy Orton

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Punk vs Cena ; Christian vs Orton .. again. Lol

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

how do u know its punk vs cena? raw hasent aired yet

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Don't forget the CeeLo Green mini-concert (I'm serious).

I'm trying to think what else they can add to the card. There's Morrison vs Truth, and at a stretch Sheamus vs Barrett and Miz vs Rey Mysterio, but I can't think of any other feuds. Pretty weak build up to Summerslam this time around...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

It's horrible. I haven't watched in over a month, but mainly because i've not been home on mondays either.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not too excited about Cena vs. Punk, but I am slightly interested in Christian vs. Orton. Notice I said slightly.

7. andy82

I've got to be honest, Raw has been the most watchable it has been for quite a while. The only problem is there is no storylines outside of the main event, and there's only so much you can do with one feud in a two hour broadcast...

And I gotta agree there's a part of me that isn't looking forward to Punk/Cena, because it seems pretty damn clear they are itching to put Cena over Punk at some point.

8. Mike S.

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

if cena wins at summerslam, i'm done with wrestling. i was a casual fan at best right now, but the punk stuff sucked me back in.

if cena wins, i'm going back to watching family guy reruns.

10. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I want to see Cena Punk the rematch they had a great match last month and I think they can have another good one. Hope Christian beats Orton cause let be honest Orton doesn't need the title

11. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Champion vs. Champion - CM Punk vs. John Cena to determine the undisputed WWE Champion

No Holds Barred match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian [c] vs Randy Orton

Kelly Kelly [c] vs Beth Phoenix for the WWE Divas Championship

12. andy82

The opening promo completely justified why I wanted Triple H to disappear from TV altogether...he can't help himself from hogging the spotlight and making himself into the star, even when he isn't an active wrestler.

God I HHHate him.

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Im predicting that cena wins via DQ. Rakishi beats the crap out if cena. Next night he says he did it for the rock

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You see HHH because he's a McMahon by marriage. It's just that simple.

15. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

They are supposedly setting up a HHH/Punk match, but I simply don't see HHH losing, which in turn would make Punk look weak.

Personally, Punk winning at SS won't hurt Cena. He'll still be in the main event of every PPV until he retires or his merch isn't selling.

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

They brought him back way too soon IMO....they should have let CM Punk last a couple months. Problem is what else can they go to for Summerslam? There is no other feud that will generate the heat this one is.

17. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Kelly Kelly [c] vs Beth Phoenix for the WWE Divas Championship

Sheamus vs Mark Henry

18. Mike S.

Triple H announced on RAW last night that he will be the referee for the Punk/Cena match

19. andy82

Well they pissed away the R-Truth/Morrison blow off match on Raw last night, leaving the maximum possibility of three more added to the card (Jackson vs Rhodes, Bryan vs Barrett and Ziggler vs Riley).

Again, as much much as there's been a nice headline storyline, the rest of the card seems a bit organised.

20. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Yeah , Truth and Morrison, should have saved for Summerslam.
    And it is obvious HHH will directly affect the outcome of the title match since he is going to be the ref now.