Rams Agree A 1-Year Deal With Free Agent WR Mike Sims-Walker

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by Sweets, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They aren’t the type of transactions that will set the internet on fire, but the St. Louis Rams have quietly made some solid moves on day 4 of free agency. St. Louis has now reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker on a one-year deal, per Adam Schefter of ESPN. Though somewhat of an injury concern, Sims-Walker can be quite effective when he’s healthy and motivated. The former Jacksonville Jaguar has scored 14 touchdowns in his last 29 games and is just two years removed from a 63-catch, 869-yard season.

Source: National Football Post

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great signing for the Rams. I think they should be in the mix for Burress as well...

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Will people hop off Burress nuts for one second? Jeez...

But yeah, this is an unexpected but good signing for us. If Clayton can re-sign as well, we have one of the leagues most underrated receiver cores.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Understand that Burress before he went to jail was a top WR. I think most ppl are thinking he can still be that guy. Relax man.. Jeez.. :p lol

MSW is a great signing for the Rams. I think the Rams are quietly sneaking up on the rest of the league. Look for the Rams to take that weak division this year. my .02

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Great acquisition by the Rams, good route-runner and safe hands which should fit in well with the speedy WR core they've already got.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]

Although saying that, his last season he was slumping before he put a hole in his leg, which gives me even greater reason to think he'll be a non factor when he returns. Just because Vick came back stronger, doesn't mean Burress can.

I must admit, the last few days has given me more confidence in the team to win the West this year (Adding Mikell, Dahl, Sims-Walker & Harris who will all start or contribute heavily), although we still need some help at DT & OLB.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rams need help at WR. Burress is a low risk high reward signing for whoever gets him. He could potentially help the Rams. I don't think anyone around here is really "on his nuts." Most people realize he's got the potential to help a team...

Not like he's going to be Jerry Rice...lol.

8. I like Edwards on the Rams squad better than Burress at least you know what your going to get with BE but with Plax there is no telling it's either going to be a hit or miss....