Seahawks Agree To Terms With Free Agent TE Zach Miller On Five-Year, $34M Deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 2, 2011.

1. The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free agent tight end Zach Miller. Miller agreed to a five-year, $34 million contract with $17 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Miller's signing reunites him with former Oakland coach Tom Cable, now Seattle's offensive line coach. Miller, a second-round pick in 2007, was a Pro Bowl selection last season after catching 60 passes and five touchdowns. Miller has 226 catches for 2,712 yards and 12 touchdowns in his career.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
  2. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Well, my heart is broken. Our pass offense is going to just be awful.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Atta boy, Pete! Another strong signing.

4. I'd take John Carlson off their hands.......

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Carlson isn't going anywhere.

6. Carlson is on the final year of his rookie deal.....with the signing of Miller....they'll at least explore getting something in return.

7. Seahawks is one of the five teams that expressed interest in Osi Umenyiora......

Carlson + 2012 third round draft pick in return would sound fine to me........

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

carlson and miller can make sexual magic with the football if jesus or jackson can get it to them.

they have 2 great young TEs, a seriously seriously through the roof potential of an Oline, a mid range stud WR, and a decent RB....and they will be snapping the ball to freaking charlie whitehurst or tavaris jackson.

andrew luck might be able to break records on this team next year

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

They need a blocking TE in a big way. And that ain't Zach Miller.

10. That's a lot of money for a TE......Kevin Boss definitely will have his eye on that.

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

11. Article updated.....

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Looks like Clayton was thinking like you. I suppose Pete might be willing to make that deal since Osi is a good good player, but it will take a hit to their offensive plans if they do it.

13. I think its almost given with the money they gave Miller......they'll put Carlson on the block.

With the current DE's on Seattle's roster.......I think they would be very willing to part with Carlson and a draft pick for Osi. If he stays healthy.....Osi should have at least 5-6 more years of elite production.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

As a semi-Seahawks fan, sign me up. I am all for it.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sucks for Oakland...lol. I still think the Seahawks could be in the market for a QB at some point this preseason when they realize what they have...

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What about FF, is it best to stay away from both now?

17. If Carlson stays in Seattle....he would be a waiver wire pickup.

If he goes to New York however......I would consider him a solid No. 2 TE in all formats.

Zach Miller would be a No. 2 in Seattle as well. Whitehurst or T-Jack would target him frequently as a safety net.

18. Clayton usually has a strong pulse of all Seahawks news......

19. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFF24THf-dI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFF24THf-dI[/ame]

20. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

heck, i hate seeing this. well, hopefully the Raiders make a play for Kevin Boss.