49ers Inform All NFL Teams FS Taylor Mays Is Available For Trade

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 4, 2011.

1. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers sent out a "mass email" to the other 31 NFL teams letting them know free safety Taylor Mays is available for trade. The Niners are giving up on Mays after one season. They might salvage a late-round draft pick in a best case scenario. Perhaps Mays' old college coach at USC, Pete Carroll, would be interested in giving him a look in Seattle. The Seahawks' current projected starting strong safety is Kam Chancellor.

Source: Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

harbaugh must not be into mays....id give up a 6th round pick for him, why not

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Kid is super athletic.. I would even go as far as a 4th.. maybe even a 3rd. This guy with some coaching can be a star. my .02

4. K Train

i hated the idea of drafting him in the first...had no probles pulling the trigger in the second though. at WORST he can be a hell of a gunner on ST and be sick on kick coverage.

i could see a cover 2 team putting him at WILL personally

5. I'd probably trade a sixth-round pick in 2013......

6. Agent Zero

I really think this kid can be special. He is an amazing athlete. I for one hope the Cowboys trade for him. Rob Ryan will figure out something for this kid.

Now if JJ does something ignorant like give a 2nd for him I will stomp on kittens with my bare feet..

2 people like this.
  7. Lol!!!!!!!!!!

8. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I'm with AZ, I think the kid has some untapped raw potential. Only time will tell.

9. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

He was one of my fav players at USC. I don't see why you would give up on him in a year. I think he would be a nice Cover 2 safety.

10. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I remember this kid's before his senior season was a sure fire top five pick, and we had a few beat writers talking about taking him #1 overall when the Lions drafted Matty Glbutt.

I don't know if he goes to Seattle though, didn't he come out publicly after the draft and pretty much talk a whole lot of crap about Pete Carroll because Carroll didn't take him?

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Lol. They are giving up on him awfully quick. Oh well. Could it be another USC Draft Bust?

12. Agent Zero

Yes sir.. I remember that!

13. Agent Zero

Possibly.. But with his ability the 9ers took the risk with the 2nd round pick.. But some other team could feasibly give a 4-6th and then it is a high reward low risk kinda deal.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah he can run fast in a straight line and looks the part in shorts...but dude is crap in coverage, takes horrible angles, doesnt wrap up...he's going to be a career gunner. That being said I wouldnt be at all surprised if Al gives up a 2nd for him...Mays is the kind of SS that he busts nuts about in his sleep.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He should have entered the draft that year instead of going back and being exposed as the crapty player that he is.

16. Agent Zero

Fair enough.. I just think this kid needs some coaching. But maybe I am wrong.. :)

17. K Train

he can play football, he wasnt a second round pick just because hes a good athlete and runs an impressive 40. not the best in coverage, no but has some serious potential if you put him in the right scheme to play to his strengths by not allowing him to be exposed in coverage. i really think a WILL would be a good spot for him in a defense that the lions are trying to run

18. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I'd be surprised if we took him, but stranger things have happen. We signed Erik Coleman before the lockout and we have this kid named Spivey as his backup and we have Louis Delmas playing the other Saftey spot, but hey if he could turn into a stud I'd take a chance on him, it's not like Coleman lasts forever.

19. K Train

i know, but im saying hes play WILL, the lions have crap linebackers and i think playing the weakside LB spot would be his best spot, especially behind king suh hed stay untouched, which is his game

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Neither was his college coach. Neither is anyone who isn't fascinated by his physical skills.