Giants CB Terrell Thomas Out For The Season With Torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by yisman, Aug 22, 2011.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Giants DB Terrell Thomas Out For The Season With A Torn ACL

Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas has suffered a torn right ACL, ESPN's Suzy Kolber reports. A 2008 second-round pick out of USC, Thomas has emerged as arguably the team's top cornerback in the last two seasons, starting 31 of 32 games and totaling 186 tackles, two quarterback sacks and 10 interceptions with 34 passes defensed. The 26-year-old was entering the final year of his contract. Thomas was scheduled to start opposite veteran Corey Webster, with 2011 first-round pick Prince Amukamara expected to work as the No. 3 cornerback this season. Amukamara is out after breaking the fifth metatarsal in his left foot during one of his first practices during training camp.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Great.....first Bruce Johnson.....then Prince and now Thomas.

T2 got leg whipped by JPP.......

3. Aaron Ross will now start and Brian Witherspoon will play Nickle........

Prince should return in mid-September.......Thomas was a beast this summer. This is devastating.

4. Now Witherspoon is carted off......

Give me Asante........lol

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Giants are becoming a juicy fantasy matchup for passing games. Sorry about Thomas bro. He was a beast.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

god**mn. Maybe the Giants should forfeit their last preseason games. If they don't they might not have enough guys to suit up Week 1.

7. Thomas was entering his final year of his rookie deal.......the dude plays like a safety at the CB position.

8. Tye Hill, Randall Gay and Kelvin Hayden are some names out there free agency.........pickings are slim.

9. This feels like Jason Sehorn all over again.........

10. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Tough break.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm writing the Giants off if there's another 1 or 2 key injuries.

12. Hello Bill Cowher..........lol

13. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

I wish our season wasn't over before it even starts. :icon_sad:

14. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

And that's why im happy to have 3 starting corners you never know when crap like that can go down and ruin your season

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Give me JPP.

No lol.

:icon_cheesygrin:

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Bingo. Still say that it isn't worth getting rid of Asante unless we got a top 5 RT or some phenomenal linebacker.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm sure Giants fans are more happy with the fact they won in a smashing style.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And this is a crapty deal, Gints fans. Screwin' worry before every damn preseason game than something like that would happen to the Eagles.

19. Witherspoon injured his MCL.......

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

How is he the leading tackler for the Giants two years in a row...yikes.