49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh Admits Post-Handshake Confrontation On Him

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Harbaugh is known for his enthusiasm...........this exactly what the 49ers needed.

They haven't been 5-1 since Steve Young's last full season as the starter in 1998.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yeah, Cower of course, is a role model. I guess he's the only coach in history, who got his mouth pixeld on TV, bc off all his swears on the sideline....
    I find it pathetic, if players celebrate a TD like a SB win, if their team is complete out of contest. But celebrating a close win is nothing bad to me

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I dont see the point of acting like this win means so much. It means nothing unless you make the playoffs and win a super bowl so stop acting like this was SO DAMN IMPORTANT...

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Celebration is part of the game, but you seem to be a perfect clone of the No Fun League crap, that at some point will rule a smile after a TD, as taunting......

5. Dragonite

Oh hell no, I think most of these rule changes are bullcrap and I don't think it should be banned by the NFL heck that, but I do think its ridiculous that you have to act like this after a win week 6

6. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

if not ur celebrating after a huge road win then u might as well start watching grown man in toto's cuz ur f*g

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I'm a Lions a fan and I didn't see the problem with celebrating a big win like that. Schwartz would of done the same thing if he beat the packers. Personally, we NEEDED that passion and spark during the game, our offense sucked and acted like it didn't care.

It was a big win, congrats to the 9ers.

I think more happen then just a "hard handshake" to have that happen. I'm sure we will be hearing all about it all friggin week.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Guess I'm the only one who thinks he needs to show a helluva lot more professionalism. Everyone know you don't dance on the other teams grave after a game. Wanna act a fool? Wait until you hit the locker room.

9. Dragonite

I've been saying this the whole damn thread but all I got was told I am an idiot and that I am part of the NO FUN LEAGUE crap...

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Got yo back dawg.

11. Dragonite

At least someone does lol felt like I was on an island on this site.

12. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I didn't think you were an idiot, I'm just saying in the middle of a game like that and you win YEAH I can see it happening, and I didn't take it as a cheap shot. Who knows what exactly happen when the two shook hands, we may never know the true story...

Should he of been more professional and waited in the locker room? Yeah, he probably should of shown a little more class then that but am I going to fault him for it? Nah, if the Lions wanted to stop that they would of played a better game then they did. It's over and done with, both sides learned a lesson. At least it didn't turn into "The Palace" incident like the Pistons & Pacers.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Has to be more than just a "hard handshake" and pat on the back...

14. big difference between celebrating and celebrating while shaking the losing coaches hand.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nowhere were you called an idiot, if that's how you felt then it's on you. Sl1m3y said something inappropriate and that's been dealt with.

16. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I'm all for celebrating a big win. Every win in the NFL is a big win due to its short schedule. That being said Harbaugh handled the situation classless I feel. He was all hyped up WHILE shaking the man's hand. Stifle that emotion until AFTER the handshake. Don't let it loose while you're shaking the man's hand.

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

My point exactly.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Exactly. Its Captain Comeback. Jim Harbaugh was an NFL QB not too long ago. He's not a guy thats been coaching for 20 years. Im sure he still has alot of that gusto in him

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Doesn't matter to me JJ. He should show more professionalism on the field.

Bucs coach Rah is fiery, but he respects the other squad and coaches enough not to celebrate in front of their faces.

20. Dragonite

You should never celebrate on the field around the other team, get excited sure but theres a locker room hold your emotion till your with your team.

Antics like this are just childish and unprofessional. He was jumping around like 2 feet in front of Schwartz' face...whats the point of that other than saying HAHAHA Screw you...