Why NBA Fans Should Watch Hockey

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Dragonite, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

2. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

oh so you stumble too?

3. Dragonite

No but my fiance does and she loves hockey lol

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

well you can tell semmler22 she has good taste if shes a hockey fan

5. Dragonite

I will tell her so :)

6. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

and it must mean alot cause its comming from some random guy off the internet

7. Dragonite

To her, it will lol.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Hockey is better live. I just can't follow the puck. Don't know the rules like why can't all the players travel the whole rink?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hockey is the best sport live...

Players can go where ever they want in hockey...they just don't. If they do, there's a good chance somebody is getting burnt.

10. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

i think he was talking about the offsides rule.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ahhh. Easy. A player can't cross the blue line in the attacking zone before the puck. Prevents "cherry picking."

12. Buck Fenson

but it seems like there is only 3 offensive guys at the other end of the rink. Other than not knowing the rules hockey is pretty good.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's basically 5 on 5 with goaltenders and it's quite possible that you caught a camera angle where the two defenseman were out of frame which is quite common. They are there, just beyond the camera...

14. Buck Fenson

see, you really need to watch it live. Seemed to me to have 5 on 3. Never understood that. Thanks for clearing that up.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

If it was 5 on 3, which is possible, then there were probably 2 players in the penalty box at the same time.

16. Buck Fenson

nah, when the defensive player would hit the puck beyond the blue line two of the other teams players would always be on that side.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

In the Stars case, the NBA strike is a blessing. They've only been able to fill their home arena with only about 25% capacity. But that was when the Rangers were playing.