Andy Reid Defends Eagles WR DeSean Jackson, Unhappy With NFL Network Coverage

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Eagles coach Andy Reid said he was "very, very disappointed" with the NFL Network for its portrayal of DeSean Jackson on the sideline during last night's loss to Seattle according to the Philadelphia Daily News. "You can take a camera and make it alook any way you want to make it look." Reid said at his day after news conference. "I am telling you, that kid was all in last night and wanted to win that game as much as anybody." At one point, NFL Network cameras showed quarterback Vince Young talking to Jackson and Jackson seemingly not paying much attention. At another point, the NFL Network reported that Jackson was not talking to his teammates on the sideline. "There was nothing on the sidelines, no commotion with him and Vince," Reid said. "There is nothing there. Nothing." "I am not sure they know who's talking to who and so on and what the conversation is about," Reid said. "Not knowing the language, I don't know how you are able to go into that stuff ... This is petty stuff." Before the game, Jackson was seen hanging out with the defensive linemen instead of with the wide receivers, as is customary. "I don't care about all that," Reid said. "I just care the kid goes out and plays." Reid said of Jackson, "That kid was all in and I was very proud of him."

Source: The Redzone

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

WTF??? Why defend Jackson?

Screw everything about this team. Screw it all.

3. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

This is just a ploy to try and save not only Reid's rep, but also possibly get in good with Jackson "the 9 year old"

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I love when people try and say that Andy Reid is just worried about his rep. How many times has he come into a presser when the team craps the bed and put it all on his back and taken the brunt off of his guys? That's what he does and that's what he did this time around as well. When 5 and TO had their little spat Reid took the brunt for it as well. He's a class coach and not too many guys can do what he does.

But Jackson was being a little snitch. Has nothing to do with "getting in good" or "saving his rep." It's just what Red does. End of that. He knows Jackson is gone after the season and he'll coach what he has like he did when James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were his "guys." I still love Andy Reid as the HC and might actually stop being a fan if they fire him after this season.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The draws a lot of criticism too for "taking the bullet" for his players as well...

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy32:

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Oh yeah? He's been the Head Coach for 12 seasons and of those 3 were losing ones and never did he have 2 in a row. He's COMPLETELY turned around the culture of his franchise and his players like playing for him. He completely understands how to handle the Philadelphia media and doesn't get flustered. He learns from his mistakes and I guarantee that next season this team won't lose more than 6 games, if that. I don't want to follow a team that has weapons but brings in someone completely new and go through the learning curve ALL over again. There isn't ONE head coach out there that is available that I'd want to bring into Philly. As I've said a TRILLION times we need a full off season and a real Defensive Coordinator. I stand by my comments and strongly dislike moron Eagles fans that think anything will get better without Reid at the helm.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Exactly. Players love it, but you aren't helping anything if a player is being a douchebag or the defensive line wet the bed. They deserve to be criticized. They deserve to have their name brought up as a position that didn't handle it's business in the game.

Reminds me of a certain #5 who he coddled till the very end. And look what happened to that vag**a once he got outside of Big Red's shield.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

whoever signs Jackson will regret it I believe. I think he will be so pissed about not being paid this year that he will shut it down when he gets paid. Like a Haynesworth. Or in a Saints case, a Jonathon Sullivan type person. Difference is Jackson actually played well at one time.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What Big Red says to the media and in the locker room are two different things. At least it better be.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

dj is just 'misunderstood'

12. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he just needs to be held.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

You hope...you gotta hope that goes for all coaches...