49ers Turn Lights Out On Roethlisberger, Steelers In 20-3 Win

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The lights at Candlestick Park were erratic Monday night, but the San Francisco 49ers played steady, mistake-free football to win a battle of playoff teams. The same couldn't be said for the Pittsburgh Steelers, or more specifically, Ben Roethlisberger, who battled through a high ankle sprain but committed four turnovers in a 20-3 setback. Alex Smith connected on 18-of-31 passes for 187 yards and a touchdown, while Frank Gore ran for 65 yards and a score on 18 carries for the NFC West- champion 49ers (11-3), who stayed in contention for a first-round bye. The Steelers (10-4) had a chance to take control of their division with a fifth straight win, but fell back into a tie with the Baltimore Ravens atop the AFC North. Roethlisberger threw for a respectable 330 yards on 25-of-44 throws, but was picked off three times and lost a fumble.

Source:
    Sports Network

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good game by the Niners. Crap game for the Steelers. Pittsburgh had the playoffs for the taking and choked it up. Like I've said, Niners ain't a joke...

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^They def arent! If they fix their red zone offense a bit they could easily win it all

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:icon_cheesygrin: Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers are my new heroes!!! Now all we need is for the offense to catch up with the defense...

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Aldon Smith was a freaking monster. I only watched a few minutes of this but it seemed like he was in Ben's face the whole time I had it on.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think if the Saints went to San Francisco, I think I'd take the Niners...

7. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Yeah they have been awesome this year. CStevenson's got something there... Not scoring in the redzone could really be the downfall for them. Who else thinks they could beat the Saints if they play in SF?