Falcons 'Won't Forget' Drew Brees Airing It Out Late To Break Record

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Dec 27, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With Drew Brees a mere 30 yards away from breaking the single-season passing yards record, Saints coach Sean Payton was presented with an interesting dilemma. Brees was playing on "Monday Night Football" in front of his home fans and a national TV audience, a perfect stage to take down Dan Marino's 27-year old record but the Saints also had their game against the Falcons well in hand, up 38-16 with less than three minutes to play. Payton decided to let Brees air it out, and the rest is history. Brees set the record on a 9-yard touchdown strike to running back Darren Sproles that ballooned New Orleans' lead up to 29 points. The Saints' decision to throw irked some in the Falcons' locker room. "No need for that," one player said, according to CBSSports.com. "It came on our watch, but it didn't have to come that way. We won't forget it."

Source: NFL.com

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]

Stop him from throwing it. Play proper defense. There is no damn rule that says the opponent needs to stop playing early just because they are kicking your butt. Is it 'unsportsmanlike'? Sure. But don't snitch about it after the game.

Pussies.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

^^^THIS!

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

haha wahhhhhh

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

DOUBLE THIS!

Anyone see Jason Cole's article on Yahoo Sports about this? Jason used to write for the Miami Herald. A little homerism, Jason?

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I get so tired of seeing these articles about one team complaining about the other running up the score.

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Exactly, if you don't like do something about it during the game.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

these guys are a shoe-in for the vag awards this year.

9. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Remember it. Write it down. Take a picture. We don't give a fuuuuck.....lol

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

i think there are a select few exceptions on the subject of calling off the dogs. this certainly wasn't one of them.

11. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

If it bothered them so much, they should have made a better effort to stop them then. Try growing some rods, fellas.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

In this day and age...passing is and every down thing. KNOCK THE FREAKING BALL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT IT COMPLETE...lol...

13. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

You gotta be kidding me? Like no one on the Falcon sideline knew he was that close to the record? 32 frigging yards away on MNF and you think he's not going to go for it?

Please STFU and go change your huggies!

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the saints has been on the other end of butt kickings and they never complained about the other team. they complained about their own players sucking. I believe if Drew broke the record earlier they would have ran the ball. Like when Les Miles knelled down those 4 times not wanting to run up the score he caught hell. But it was a certain satisfaction to see it done against the Falcons. I don't hate all the fans but when Katrina came through you should have seen some of the horrible things some of the fans of the falcons and panthers said. Ever since then I have no respect for them. They said they will remember it? If they forget I hope we get to give them a refresher course in the playoffs.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Pretty much agree with what has been said here

Sent from my supadupa EVO using Tapatalk

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Drew Brees is such a class act, and he deserved to get the title in front of his home crowd and a national audience...god **mn pussies in the NFL

17. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

ah the atlanta falcons

show up

get beat

go to the back and tell everyone youre still the better team

18. SRW

Falcons only have themselves to blame for having the record broken on them.....he did need over 300 yards to get to the record and they gave up yards in chunks.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If you dont want him airing it out with the game in hand, take his knee out

20. SRW

Or if you don't want to end up with a fine, try knocking down a pass or two.