49ers Defeat Saints 36-32 In Wild Playoff Thriller

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vernon Davis' 14-yard touchdown reception with 9 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter lifted San Francisco to a wild 36-32 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Saturday. The Saints took the lead on a 66-yard touchdown reception by Jimmy Graham with 1:37 remaining. Alex Smith's 28-yard touchdown run 34 seconds earlier had lifted San Francisco to a 29-24 lead. San Francisco, which took advantage of five New Orelans' turnovers, built an early 17-0 lead but had to rally back after the Saints took at 24-23 lead on a Darren Sproles touchdown reception with 4:02 left in the fourth quarter. The 49ers will play the winner of Sunday's New York Giants-Green Bay game in the NFC championship on Jan. 22.

Source: Associated Press

2. Lets do our thing tomorrow G-Men.

3. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

WHAT...A...GAME

4. If Giants win tomorrow, the Giants will face the 49ers in the playoffs for the 4th consecutive decade (1980's, 1990's, 2000's and 2010's).

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Lose? :)

So the baseball playoffs were pretty freaking amazing. The NFL playoffs for the most part been amazing. It's been a pretty great year for sports. The end of that game was freaking nuts!

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Rule number 1: Don't take betting advice from your bookie. Freaking idiot.

What an ending though. I thought it was over like 3 times.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. Good call Ward, real good.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

nice prediction ward i am so freaking ripped right now :dirty20:

i need to go :sprite10: and then get a snitch to :blow**b:me

10. Steve12

baskett can we try to actually contribute to the conversation? I think people are getting tired of always hearing how high you are and nothing else.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Hahaha steve

Great game haven't seen one this exciting since well last week

Sent from my supadupa EVO using Tapatalk

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well at least we don't have to hear about Tebow next week...I was kind of hoping to see him Tebow in New England...lol.

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Baskett, what the heck does that have ANYTHING to do wit h the game?

Congrats Niners fans, I am shocked, that was great. I will be picking niners to win next week whoever they face. That was a damn amazing game.

14. ball in the baskett

i said good prediction ward had predicting the 9ers beating the saints

15. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Alright cool, than just say that. Nobody gives a heck how high you are, or what bithc you want sucking your rod...like at all.

16. ball in the baskett

watever im talking to a pokemon a wild dragonite appeared and told me to stop saying how high i am definitly did

17. Steve12

Honestly this made me laugh.

But lets try to stay on topic guys. No one wants this turning into another stupid argument. Take it to the Fight Club if you want to go any further.

If the Giants can beat the Packers, I like the 49'ers to get to the Super Bowl. If the Packers win I think they're in.

18. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I agree with this, I'm confident in my team but I know on the road it's going to take a lot for them to win.

19. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Not sure what it is with the 49ers and these playoff thrillers at the Stick but man GREAT game! Saints are a freaking machine and damn they made it tough! Drew Brees and Co. are in it all the way.

Let's win back to back playoff games for the first time since 1994!!!

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

At a applebees about 7 miles from my house a saints fan shot a niner fan for celebrating too much I think dude is in critical condition