Saints Haven't Attempted To Re-Sign WR Marques Colston So Far

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 12, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It’s possible Marques Colston will be a former Saint in the near future as the team has made no attempts to re-sign the star wide receiver up to this point. The front office has been pre-occupied with trying to work out a new deal for Drew Brees. If the Saints can’t sign Brees, they likely will use the franchise tag on him, giving them one less way to retain Colston. Also complicating the issue is the pending free agency of guard Carl Nicks. Given the cash outlay this team will be facing, the Saints may have to choose between Colston and Nicks.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  2. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Colston is likely gone....San Fran..anyone

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I doubt the Saints are just going to let Colston walk without making a run at him

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

as happens with any successful team, the saints are not going to have the cap room to re-sign 100% of their players ............. it's just one of those things that comes with success in this league with the salary cap.

colston may be the odd-man out .............

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

yep....we'll sign brees, tag nicks, and take our chances on colston

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Colston...Unrestricted FA?

[​IMG]

I WANT HIM!

7. Dragonite

Supposedly we are going to tag Brees. Which I don't understand. PAY THE MAN.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

actually, unless Colston wants outrageous money the Saints will be able to sign all their people. Loomis knew this day was coming and he structured contracts to be able to sign the players. I am not worried.

9. Dragonite

I want Colston back, I hope he doesnt demand anything ridiculous.

10. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Wow that would be fantastic for that offense. Just what they need.