Falcons WR Roddy White Is Offended By Roger Goodell's Rich Contract

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell signed a five-year contract extension that could bring his annual salary to around $20 million by its conclusion, according to a report by the Sports Business Daily. And that's not sitting well with Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White. After news of Goodell's raise broke Monday, White tweeted: “How in the hell can u pay a man this much money that cant run tackle or catch.â€￾ … “Roger Goodell is getting over never seen anything like it 20 million for looking over the league with tremendous help I guess the NFL is banking.â€￾

Source: Chicago Tribune

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

suck it up dumbass, the boss always makes more then the employees.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The newest definition of ignorant: (noun) Roddy White.

4. Guys I think he was JK.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

not at all, this isnt the first time he has chirpped about goodell. he's harrison jr at this point.

6. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Everyone should be offended. Goodell gets paid money that hard working Americans deserve, and what does he actually do?

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Really rich athletes that get paid millions snitching that their employer makes millions. Shut the heck up. Look I am all for making money so go make money but don't EVER snitch that your boss makes more than you that is common knowledge.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this is the funniest quote of them all ................

“How in the hell can u pay a man this much money that cant run tackle or catch.

hahaha............... Roddy, 'normal' people wonder every day how someone like you who ONLY knows how to catch and run can make as much money as you do ................

now, shut the heck up Roddy and keep cashing your huge paychecks.

9. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Sounds like Goodell is the smart one to me. lol They all make to much

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not the biggest Goodell fan but the guy has earned a lot of people a lot of money. So the owners award him with that salary. I don't have a problem with it.

As for Roddy...Goodell's gonna have more of an impact on the game than White will. White will be loooooong gone before people forget about Goodell.

11. Dragonite

Look I think Roger should get fired, but its no surprise that he makes this much money.

12. CaptainStubing

i wonder how much selig and stern make ............ they are horrible commissioners and their leagues aren't nearly as successful and i bet they're both making boatloads of money anyway .......

13. markaz

Selig......$22,000,000
    Stern.....$20-23,000,000

And your sigpic is perfect for those two.

14. CaptainStubing

hahaha. if that's true, then goodell is UNDERpaid ......... :newlaugh:

15. markaz

On a comparative basis, grossly underpaid.:lol:

16. Dragonite

Holy crap they should be giving Goodell 60 mil lol.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

That statement is true of football players also. Let the owners pay him whatever they want.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Maybe someone should point out to Roddy that Goodell actually graduated college, has a law degree, started in the NFL as an unpaid intern, and has 30 years on the job...Roddy couldnt even graduate from the University of freaking Alabama-Birmingham.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

20. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

20 MILLION, heck THAT DUDE