QB Carson Palmer Calls Raiders A 'Championship Team'

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Carson Palmer sounded happy about being a part of the Raiders in 2012. In an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Palmer said that the changes going on in Oakland were exciting, and that he feels that the players there now can contribute to making a playoff run. He plans to work out with teammates in California this offseason. "As far as being close to a playoff team, it's more than that," Palmer said. "We're close to a championship team. There's a lot of work that needs to be put in and a lot of hurdles that we need to get over, but we need to be heading into this season thinking more than just playoffs."

Source: CBSSports

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

whatever dude...

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd probably start with the playoffs first

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

They smoke some good crap in Oakland.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...wut?

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

A championship team, maybe, after they get rid of you...

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Carson Palmer is an internet troll?

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i cannot improve upon the comments already posted in this thread.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Stuck in "cap jail" and no draft picks...what Championship Teams are made of!

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If the giants can be a championship team i dont doubt at all any team can be a championship team. They have some nice pieces in oakland who knows

11. CaptainStubing

sure, anything is possible but the giants haven't gone through 9 straight seasons without a winning record................. much different scenario.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yes they do. Its called Oaksterdam for a reason.

That being said, he's not THAT far off base. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, especially offensively. If they can keep everyone healthy and continuing to progress they could go places. They were a cunthair from a playoff spot despite being decimated by injuries most of the season last year. They've got issues but they aren't THAT far away from contending.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Raiders going CFL?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Raiders don't have any nice pieces...lol. Not even comparable to the giants. With the way they are locked up with the cap and with no draft picks, that team might wind up looking a lot like an expansion roster when all is said and done...

15. CaptainStubing

but they have carson .............. that's all they need.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Like I said...expansion team...lol.