NFL Takes Away Millions In Cap Space From Cowboys, Redskins

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well, technically there was no CBA when this happened, so the league could do what they want because nothing was in the rules. It's like a kid adding rules during tag to he can't get tagged without extravagant rules.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Exactly for rules that weren't their but we just made up last week and voted on it with out you guys their

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm hearing and reading that the Cowboys got in trouble with the NFL over the Miles Austin contract. This happened in Sept. 2010. And, the league is just now saying something about it? Something smells here, and it ain't roses. The odor is coming from the offices of the NFL.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am playing devil's advocate here but again i ask, why even take the chance, after being warned multiple times, on players like austin, hanesworth and hall ? :dunno:

5. ragman

All I'm saying is that the NFL should have said something to the Cowboys after they signed Austin instead of waiting over a year to do it. Would that have been so hard to do?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The contract for Austin should've never been approved by the league.

7. ragman

So, why did they?:icon_confused:

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed, this is the key to all of this and it's the "only" thing that could go against the nfl in this case.

9. ragman

So, the Cowboys are being penalized for a contract that the NFL shouldn't have approved of in the first place?:icon_rolleyes:

10. Omen

Looks like Jeruh ain't giving a damn Dallas has signed 4-5 FAs already

11. ragman

What the NFL has done with the Cowboys is going to keep them from re-signing Robinson. Just you watch.:icon_frown:

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

For what he signed for, I don't think they were ever willing to go there. To do so, you may have to trade Austin. A team came in and got desperate for a starting quality WR and overpaid on the hope that he plays to last years level, which I think he will

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

13. Omen

Yeah price was to high and I'm glad Jeruh didn't fall for it. I hoped he would stayed but not at expense and breaking the bank