49ers Emerge In The Race For QB Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The 49ers emerged Friday as a covert contender to land quarterback Peyton Manning, who is considering the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans as other finalists in his comeback from neck surgery. Manning surprisingly worked out Tuesday night for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman in Durham, N.C., ESPN revealed and the Associated Press confirmed. The 49ers reportedly were encouraged enough to dispatch doctors there Wednesday to conduct a physical exam of Manning, an 11-time Pro Bowler who missed last season because of a neck injury requiring multiple surgeries.

Source: San Jose Mercury News

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Out of left field!! It's like the 2 nerdy dudes fighting for the chick and then the cool guy walks from out of nowhere and FREAKS HER ON THE TABLE!! WHAT AM I EVEN SAYING!!?!?

But for real, that'd be SICK. Talk about wrapping up that division. Vern Davis, Crabtree, Moss, MANNINGham(potentially), Gore, Other people. INSANITY! That'd be like GIF getting a pee wee football team together and going out every week and playing. SAY NO GOODELL!! DO IT YOU COMMIE BASTARD!!

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

What's really hilarious is that I told Steve the other day, watch out the 49ers could sneak in and grab Manning and wouldn't that be da crap!!! Alex Smith and his agent dragging their feet, WE NEED A QB DAMN IT....of course we've needed one since 2005. Honestly I doubt this will happen but then again, few thought Harbaugh would be here too.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I've been listening to ESPN and they are saying that Alex Smith hasn't signed because both Manning and Smith have the same agent so that's probably why Alex hasn't signed because they are waiting to see where Manning finally goes. ponderous indeed...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Think Ken Whisenhunt is having a bad day? Lol...

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

If manning is healthy you have to go all in. A healthy manning on this niners team is a Superbowl favorite.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

All things being equal, you'd have to think Manning would go Niners as the best chance to win.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^^^^:heart:

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Holly Crap that was a slap to all the other teams face.... how can Peyton turn the 49ers down? They are a good solid team that is only missing a QB

11. mtzninersfan

Thats what im thinking....Everything is elite except the qb play. Their D is killer, special teams are outstanding (As long as Kyle isnt playing) they can run the ball very well. Just need an elite passer, then they wont just have 5 trophies, not 6 either, not 7, not 8....:icon_cheesygrin:

12. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

This is nuts, How could much better could this be for 9ers fans

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

If he signs his name to the 49ers contract, that's how much better it could be...:icon_mrgreen:

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I was wondering why he wasn't talking to San Fran at the very beginning of all this. The team destroyed their division with a completely average quarterback. You throw Manning in the mix? Yikes.

Looks like they were talking the whole time. Awesome.

Damn he'd look good in Niners red and gold.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Whisenhunt will definitely have a bounty out on Peyton...lol. But I'm thinking now, how will the Seahawks feel? They didn't even get a meeting...Pete Carroll will definitely be head hunting!

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

If the niners sign Peyton I would pick them as preseason superbowl favorites.

17. mtzninersfan

Ya we all just hope Peyton realizes that.

18. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

I believe in miracles, but I've been praying.

I will keep the faith that my clipboard savior will descend upon Denver.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, the niners have the cap space, as do the titans and broncos. no doubt, if peyton joined the niners, anything less than a SB win would be a disappointment.

20. bossco

bossco Rookie

I would love it. Manning 2 solid te, moss, Crabtree, Gore, Hunter, a top 5 D, and great st as long as they bring back Ginn. WOW untouchable

Droid x. 49ers