49ers Emerge In The Race For QB Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

If they signed Manning, think they would still make a play for Wallace?

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I doubt it. Theyre down to 24 million in cap space, Manning would likely take at least half of that and there's still rookies to sign, other holes to fill, and round 2 of FA. There's some vet contracts they could restructure but I'd expect they'd rather use that on team depth rather than one single player. I'm expecting another WR signing at some point, especially if they land Manning, but I doubt it will be Wallace.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Riic

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

[​IMG]

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

quite honestly, i don't think the niners would need to spend any more money if they brought in peyton. they have studs in v.d. and crabtree and peyton would make the rest of the receivers better. they have a good o-line and good RB's already.

they literally just need a qb.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

On a side note, how much does Stephen Ross hate San Francisco right now? First Harbaugh dissed him to come here for (reportedly) less money, now Peyton tells him to kick rocks and we are still very serious contenders (IMO, no homer, the best remaining fit).

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I think it comes down to this, is anyone going to offer Peyton 30 mil guranteed like Denver (reportedly) did? If not would he go to the 9ers for less because they are closer to a championship?

9. bossco

bossco Rookie

At his age if he goes for the money it is just stupid. Especially after everything that has been reported by his camp. He wants a ring. Denver is probably the last of the 3 teams that can get him one. Mcdaniels screwed that up for them.

Droid x. 49ers

10. Dragonite

They have a sick Defense, a tight Run Game and they made it past the Steelers in the playoffs with noone at QB. Their line is ridiculous and all Peyton really has to do is NOT LOSE because the Defense wins games.

But your right Denver isn't a Super Bowl contender.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If Manning really cares about winning then SF is the obvious choice. That easily is the best place for him to go to and win now.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] - Titans
    [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION] - Niners

Do we have a Sweets Household Wager?

13. SRW

No, just lots of silence and dirty looks. :icon_eek:

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Business as usual?!? lol.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The silence and dirty looks is coming from [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] so to answer your question [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]..No not business as usual... :laughy32:

16. SRW

17. Dragonite

LMFAO best sequence of posts ever

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, but peyton may be thinking about post-football life and supposedly the broncos and titans are offering ownership and/or management positions. it may not be just about winning another ring.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

no doubt his best chance to win another superbowl hope hes not a worried about hurting his brothers vag**a with the whole in the same confrence crap. When i heard about that i was like wow not sure if it came from peyton or just rumors by the media but wow if thats true.