49ers Emerge In The Race For QB Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Its Peyton Manning we're talking about, Im sure he could get an FO job with any team he pleases upon his retirement. I doubt the "lifetime contract" idea is going to have much influence on his decision...or I dont see why it would at any rate.

2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I don't understand the whole "he wants to stay out of Eli's way" arguement. If he's gonna play in the same damn league he better be ready to compete with anyone. OK fine maybe stay out of the same division but still at some point he's prolly going to have to play Eli.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Well if that's what's important to him then the Titans are where it's at. What's Peyton going to do when he retires, answer to 'Choppers' for the rest of his career? C'mon. Tennessee would be a dream end to his career. Imagine if he brought a ring here? They might build a fence around that state and call it Peytonland.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Has anyone mentioned that if he signs with SF, he'll be teammates with a WR who only plays when he wants to? Just sayin'.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I think if Brady could get along with Moss, so will Peyton. You'd be amazed how motivating winning can be.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Harbaugh isn't the kind of dude who will tolerate someone only playing when they want to. If Moss shows any sign of that he'll be out the door, I guarantee it.

7. ragman

I just think SF made a huge mistake when they signed him. Just look at his resume.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

5 time All-Pro
    6 time Pro Bowler
    10 years over 1000 yards (2nd all-time)
    64 100 yard games (2nd all-time)
    153 TD receptions (2nd all-time)
    Highest YPC of any player over 900 catches
    Most seasons over 17 TDs

Yah. That resume is freaking crap.

9. bossco

bossco Rookie

You are probably correct. But if he was thinking about post football life why did he not just retire a colt and be apart of the front office?

Droid x. 49ers

10. ragman

How many teams does this make now? 5? Vikings, Raiders, Patriots, Titans, and now, SF? If Belichick couldn't control him, what does that tell you? SF, one of the best teams in the NFL last year, just invited cancer to their locker room.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Aside from the bolded being patently false, who gives a heck? He's playing on an incentive contract, no guaranteed money, he hecks up, acts the ass, or half-asses anything and he's gone. Call it instant chemotherapy. While I disagree that he's a "cancer", even if he is he's far from uncurable. You act like the teams fortunes are directly tied to and hinging upon Moss' attitude and actions, when that could not be any further from the truth.

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

For the contract the Niners gave him I would have taken Moss a hundred times over.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Why is Moss even in the equation here? He is a flyer that didn't even play last year. I don't think that's weighing heavily on Manning either way.

I'm pretty sure if he signs with the 49ers, it will be to play for the team that would have won the Super Bowl if not for possibly the worst turnoverless performance by a QB in NFL history

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

14. ragman

[MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION]: The fact that Moss is playing for his fifth NFL team should tell you something right there. You can cure cancer, but you can't cure stupid.

15. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

manning to denver....