NFLPA Releases Statement On 'Bounty' Investigation

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After the NFL released details of the New Orleans Saints' illegal bounty program, the NFL Players Association announced that they planned to do "a comprehensive review of the circumstances surrounding these reported violations of League rules" and were requesting the NFL's assistance in their internal review. Two weeks later, and after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell disciplined the Saints organization and the coaches and executives responsible for the program, the NFLPA still has not received that assistance, prompting the release of the following statement: "NFLPA leadership looks forward to meeting with the Commissioner to discuss the League's 'Bounty' investigation. To date, neither the League, nor the Saints, have helped us facilitate interviews with members of management or the coaching staff. "We expect the League to provide all information so that we can ensure a fair process for all who were involved." NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has yet to discipline the players involved in the bounty program, but that is coming down the pike. Goodell disclosed on Wednesday that, unlike the NFLPA and the coaches/executives involved, he's spoken to the players involved in the illegal program. "As I stated in the documents, I’ve had several conversations with the leadership of the NFLPA, DeMaurice (Smith), in particular, and other players who have contacted me, including those in a leadership position," Goodell told the NFL Network on Wednesday. "I’ve probably spoken to over two dozen players in the last couple of weeks. We want to continue to have that dialogue. We want to understand what was going on. "My focus here initially was on the team and management and coaches, but certainly I am disappointed that players would have identified opposing players and intentionally tried to injure them. That is something that we are going to continue to do and that’s next up."

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

NOT suspending Shanle will part of our punishment :icon_cheesygrin:

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

cruel and unusual punishment. Did we get rid of Dunbar?

4. Saintsfan1972

he's a FA....visited the Rams today

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Visited the Rams?

6. Saintsfan1972

Lol...yep

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

if we can keep him we won't really miss Vilma. Dude filled in pretty well when Vilma was out. I think Vilma won't play here anymore.