Giants Expect To Have Deal Done With Coach Tom Coughlin Soon

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Mar 27, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Last July, Tom Coughlin received a one-year contract extension to serve as head coach of the Giants through the 2012 season. After winning his second Super Bowl title in four years, Coughlin is in line for a heavy-duty new contract and this time it won’t be of the one-year variety. “We've had a lot of good discussions since the Super Bowl, and I have no doubt it's going to get done very soon,’’ Giants co-owner John Mara told The Post on Tuesday from the NFL owners’ meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. “As I've said, Tom is our guy, and we think we have the best coach in the league." Mara added he expects the deal to get done in the next 4-6 weeks.

Source: New York Post

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Wasn't he close to fired at one point recently?

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea towards the end of the season people wanted him fired. Seems like that's how it is every year. Next year it'll be the same thing until he gets to the super bowl and everyone starts sucking his hall of fame rod again.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I fixed that for you and the answer is yes. He's been close to being fired many times and the fan base is calling for his head at LEAST once a season. Week 7 everyone wanted him fired.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Every freaking year he's "on the hot seat" every freaking year he gets off the hot seat.