GIF Collaborative Draft Pick Reaction/Comments Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

You can PM your selection to adammwilson while awaiting Philly. If Philly chooses the same as you, then you're on the fence.

2. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

I guess I'm one of the few people not sold on Poe. I watched a "highlight" video where he got stonewalled by a small running back....that was all I needed to see

3. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

I think there may be a number not sold on him but you can't refute the sheet athletic ability. For a man his size to move like he does is impressive, only time will tell if he is a work out wonder or a freakishly good player.

4. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

I've seen him mocked in the top 10 a lot, lately. I think that's what bothers, the Top 10 aspect.

5. nachmany5

nachmany5 Franchise Quarterback

I watched the tape on him and he just doesn't work hard enough throughout the game. Either he has terrible endurance (and shouldn't be much more than a 2-down player) or he just doesn't want it.

Being the hopeful fan I am, I'll bet on the first one.

6. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

i know indy will take luck at #1 but if it was me and my chiefs was picking first i would want rg3

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, this right now is the biggest question mark with this guy. no one expects a guys' motor to run 100% of the time on the d-line because it's an exhausting position on the field, but Poe's reputation is that he takes way too many plays off.

If a team could figure out how much exactly they can get out of the guy and then just rotate him in sporadically, he could be impactful, and maybe that's what teams are thinking.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Took Kendall Wright for the Bengals. It was going to be Mercilus but he went the pick before (kind of). Wright could pair well with Green in Gruden's offense and they have a clear need for a #2 WR with Jerome Simpson getting jail time and Jordan Shipley being Jordan Shipley.

9. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

Wright was a good pick, he was a consideration for the Jets at 16 if Barron had not been there. Having two weapons at receiver makes a huge difference.

10. nachmany5

I don't love Wright. I feel like he's easy to shut down. I could be wrong and we could be watching a DeSean Jackson/Mike Wallace in the making here, but I think his ceiling is Titus Young-like.

Do the Browns go with Tannehill here? I don't know if I would.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

On the plus side, Starkillers latest blunder doesnt throw the whole draft in a tailspin like last year. Just swaps Griffen for Luck

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I also suggest that we let him continue next year, but NOT give him the first overall

13. nachmany5

Oh no...the Browns don't grab WR help for McCoy with pick No. 22...I can't see that working well.

14. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Pick 22 was pretty tough. Decided to give him help staying upright first.

15. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

I love Kendall Wright, I think he goes the way of Mike Wallace...the Browns taking Jonathan Martin is interesting considering they have Joe Thomas but a solid pick nonetheless.

16. cpgobrowns

Probably would have taken Wright. But, I took Martin for the right side (and bonus of insurance against an unfortunate situation which shall not be named). Of course WR was a consideration, but they would have to run a 2.3 instead of a 4.3 with the current right side of the Browns OL.

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

In reality the Browns are probably more likely to look at somebody in round 2-3 for RT, but that's a big need right now also and I wouldn't be upset if the Browns came out of the first with Richardson and Martin. Plus Martin fits Heckert's draft m.o. better..

18. nachmany5

Definitely a solid pick for CLE. No way he'd have fallen past DET this next pick. Major upset if the Lions don't go with Stephon Gilmore here.

19. cpgobrowns

Yeah, I almost didn't take Martin just because I don't think he'll still be there. You're right, it def fits Heckert's m.o. Although I instinctively groan thinking about 2nd round WR's.
    Kevin Johnson, Andre Davis, Dennis Northcutt, Quincy Morgan (the 4 deuces)
    Brian Robiskie, Mohammed Massaquoi :shots:

20. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Went with Janoris Jenkins for the Lions, they desperately needed a starting caliber corner, if Jack rabbit can keep his head on straight he could be their #1 corner very early on