GIF Collaborative Draft Pick Reaction/Comments Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. nachmany5

nachmany5 Franchise Quarterback

Oh wow, didn't see that coming. I can't see Jenkins thriving in an environment where he's the guy from Day One. I don't think he truly shakes his past until he has to earn something on a football field.

Great pick talent-wise though, best player available also happened to fill a need and I can see why DET wouldn't pass up that opportunity.

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Very good point, i just really liked the value there, i'll probably double back and re address the position later on with a safer option i just liked the upside there.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Just ignore it like we do with so many other things. The most recent one is the one that counts, and that's Greg little, and maybe whomever you take next round.

And I would jump at the chance to draft Jenkins if I'm the Lions. Their need there can't be overstated, and if anybody can right his ship it's a young hard-nosed coach from the defensive side of the ball, and that's exactly what Detroit has. I think Schwartz can get the most out of a guy like that, didn't he have to manage Pacman and Finnegan as well?

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

My bad for derailing this thread, but how was this gem missed???!!

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there are a lot of good picks happening in this mock draft. good selections by most everyone..... KTrain trying to draft barron twice was funny. :rofl:

6. CStevenson13

Sorry to jump the gun with my pick, on my way out and dont know what time ill be able to get back to my computer, K Train still has to re-pick

I went with a boldand risky move taking Hill, my thinking is teams have played the Ravens so aggressively for so long and we need someone else to uncrowd the box, makes plays in the redzone, push Boldin to the slot,etc. Cam's offense is from the stone ages and we just need another guy that can outrun coverage and go up and get the ball. He can be brought along slowly and wont be asked to run the whole route tree early on but with him and Torrey Smith on the field you can play with your safeties in the box

7. nachmany5

By the way, A+ pick by Houston. Dontknowme gets, in my opinion, the third-best receiver in this draft who will be the perfect backside option in a passing offense run through Andre Johnson's ability.

Nice selection there Houston.

8. CaptainStubing

yep, there have been a lot of smart picks and that was another one.. i would be giving a lot of A+'s. guys are getting good value and filling a lot of needs. I could see the actual draft playing out just like this, other than rg3 at #1.

9. CStevenson13

Agreed! outstanding fit!

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I'm at work right now so when the Giants pick let Adam know I sent him a wish list.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=1989]adammwilson[/MENTION], check the post above.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION], check the post below.

13. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

Nooooo @beerfish, I thought Nick Perry would slip into the 2nd for me.

14. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

Pats wanted to come out of the 1st with a pass rusher and a CB. I was happy that Perry was still there for their 2nd 1st rounder.

15. nachmany5

Wow. Tannehill slips into the 2nd round. This could only happen with no trading.

16. CStevenson13

Pats would be ecstatic with Gilmore and Perry i think

17. CaptainStubing

i think most people think tannehill is in reality a middle rounds or late rounds type of talent ............... i actually like the fact that the gif drafters didn't take him because he really has no business being a 1st rd draft pick.

the only reason a team would take someone like tannehill in the 1st round is because the qb position is SO important, they're willing to risk it in the off-chance that he is a special talent.

i just see tannehill being the next gabbert and a waste of a 1st rounder, so i'm glad no one at gif made the mistake that an actual nfl team is probably destined to make.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

As much as I like Kelechi Osemele as a prospect, I'm really surprised to see him come off the board before Mike Adams and Kevin Zeitler.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Adams is a joke, I really flipped a coin between Zeitler and Osemele, I went with Osemele more because he is position versatile and the Giants could use that.

20. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

Would you guys mind not naming prospects that haven't been drafted yet...it tends to affect the way some people draft. (only speaking from experience)