Bears Select Boise St. DE/LB Shea McClellin (Rd.1, No.19)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 19th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Shea McClellin, OLB (Boise State). McClellin was a terrific college player who looked good in postseason scouting events. He was fluid and natural at multiple linebacker positions during the Senior Bowl and looked athletic at the combine. McClellin possesses a good degree of upside and has a versatile game, which will allow him to play several positions in the defensive front seven for a number of different schemes.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Oh good, another 'tweener who has a 'good motor' & can play a lot of positions. :icon_rolleyes:

We'll see how this pans out but Emery's star lost a little luster in my eyes...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, supposedly, the packers coveted this guy, which tells me that he is legit because i trust their scouts.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

He's a much better choice for the 3-4 which, from what was being said, was the interest from 3-4 teams.

We're not & he's too small/not strong enough to anchor the other side from Peppers.

Wrong choice & wrong area of need. Besides that, goes against the normal mantra around here of taking the best player available & that he's not.

A project & a STs player... :icon_rolleyes:

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, you know, when i was doing my mock draft, i thought the same thing so i had the bears passing on him but i guess we'll see how they're planning on using him.