Rams Plan To Check In On Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins Every Day

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by Sweets, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins has first round talent which is indisputable but his off-field issues kept him from being a first-round pick. The St. Louis Rams took a chance on Jenkins in the second-round of the NFL Draft on Friday, Rams General Manager Les Snead told Peter King of SI.com that the luxury of having extra second round picks made it easier to take a chance on Jenkins. "But without all the extra picks, obviously, it would have been tougher to take a chance on Janoris,'' Snead said. The Rams have put in some safeguards and checks for Jenkins. Snead, or someone with the organization, will call him or talk to him every day about his life, which is a mess. He's had four children with three different women, and he'll have to use much of his first contract to straighten out child support and related family care things. Jenkins knows he'll be monitored by the man who holds the cornerback's life in his hands. "I look the kid in the eye and said, 'It's you and me,' '' Snead said.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he and finnegan could be so filthy

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

This kid stays clean, he will be a lockdown corner no questions asked. God I hope he stays clean for his and the Rams sake.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

JJ is going to get tired of that baby sitting bullcrap PDQ, as would any of us. I understand the Rams have invested in him but everyday? He's a grown butt man, treat him like one.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Fisher doesn't want another Pacman on his hands...

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Screw the Rams sake.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Rams have got to protect their investment. If it means a phone call or visit each day to keep him on the straight and narrow, then so be it. If he wanted to be treated like a "grown butt man" then he should have acted like one.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He wasn't though Andy. He was a stupid kid who made stupid mistakes and has cleaned his crap up. I'm just saying everyday seems a little excessive to me.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

It's got to start somewhere and when the Rams' confidence in him improves the leash will get longer. Pathetic, but necessary.

10. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

They shouldn't of drafted him if he didn't want another Pacman. lol

That's exactly what they got.. He gonna be at da club makin it rain on all his snitches..

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there is a high likelihood that janoris's first few years in the league will be his most productive. if they can keep him out of trouble for a little while, he could give them a few decent years.