Jets Reach Four-Year Deal With 2nd Round WR Stephen Hill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, May 3, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The New York Jets have reached agreement on a four-year deal with second round wide receiver Stephen Hill, Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger reports. According to Vrentas, the deal is worth just under $5 million and includes around $2.8 million in guaranteed money. Selected with the 43rd overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Hill caught 49 passes for 1,248 yards and nine touchdowns during his 38-game career at Georgia Tech, including 28 passes for 820 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. Hill ran a 4.36-40, posted a 39 1/2" vertical jump and 11'01" broad jump at the Scouting Combine, solidifying his status as a first or second round prospect. Hill is expected to push for a starting job opposite Santonio Holmes during the preseason.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm loving these rookie deals ............ guys are finally going to have to do something in the pros before winning the lottery.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here and the crap gets done quick!!

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

During the draft I was absolutely stunned to hear about how Schefter expected Indy to sign Luck for around 4 years, $24M. That value is INSANE, can't believe there's been such a huge shift in a year. Cam got more than double that just in guaranteed money, if I remember right.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no that was about cams #s

stafford, bradford, jamarcus got double (or more) that

6. K Train

hill was a freaking great pick for the jets....bastards

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I see now, I forgot it started last year. Was thinking of Bradford.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hill won't develop. People are like oh he is the next D Thomas, but Thomas isn't that good.

10. K Train

hill is better than thomas imo

i actually dont really think its close

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hill has average hands and can't run routes. New York will eat him alive before he can turn into anything.

12. K Train

the hill i saw during the offseason showed incredibly strong hands and fluid body control. He didnt have to run routes, that doesnt mean he cant.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hill and Holmes is a nice combo...if a guy can get the ball to them...

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hill is Brandon Lloyd. And not Mcdaniels Brandon Lloyd, real Brandon Lloyd

15. K Train

at worst i think hes DHB and DHB really turned the corner this year

at best hes AJ green, wouldnt surprise me at all to see him end up somewhere near that level