Packers DE Johnny Jolly Granted 'Shock Probation' By Judge

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, May 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A judge has placed suspended Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly on "shock probation" just months into his six-year jail stay. "Shock probation" provides first-time inmates early release after "experiencing the shock or trauma of being in jail," per KTRK-TV, which reported the Texas judge's decision Tuesday. Jolly was sentenced to six years in a Houston prison in November for violating the terms of his probation for a drug conviction. He now faces 200 hours of community service as part of the 10-year probation. It's another chapter in the story of Jolly's very public addiction to codeine in the form of "purple drank," Jolly's troubles with the substance have led to multiple arrests during and after his stint with the Packers.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

How does this work exactly?

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Looks like he gets probation for 10 years and community service instead of the jail time. With crazy restrictions and whatnot I'd assume. I've never heard of this before.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Hope he gets his life in order now. He won't get another chance....

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The guy's an addict...

If he was able to use common sense, he'd still be in the NFL raking in big bucks.

Admirable thought, Judge Whoever-you-are, but get ready to be shocked by his next arrest.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

D
    He got raped.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

How does a guy that big get raped?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket