No Clear Leader Yet Between Seahawks QB's Matt Flynn, Tarvaris Jackson

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Jun 9, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has gone out of his way to create a sense of competition at quarterback this spring. We've heard a lot about field work being split equally between last year's starter Tarvaris Jackson, rookie Russell Wilson and the team's big free-agent signing, Matt Flynn. The average Seahawks fan would like to see Flynn emerge as the clear leader, but at least one teammate says that hasn’t happened. Seattle wideout Doug Baldwin delivered a first-hand account Saturday, telling ESPN Radio's Liz Mathews that "as for Matt Flynn right now it's hard to tell the distance between him and Tarvaris Jackson, not as clear-cut as people might think"

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's a problem.

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

not one that i didn't expect lol

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

all that money for Flynn and he isnt the clear cut #1?

5. SRW

When all is said and done, you have to go with Flynn....right?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

HAVE to...

7. SRW

If I were on the Seahawks and Tarvaris Jackson's the QB week one....I'd be PISSED. You know what you've got in Jackson and let's face it, healthy or not he's not the guy that's going to be the long-term answer for any team. They need Flynn to play and play well. Anything less is a major step back for this team.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

it all comes back to having one good game and getting paid. Wish teams would quit doing that.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I said it multiple times, Philbin knows Flynn more than anyone outside the Packers. There must have been a reason why they let him walk. Flynn wanted bigger money than the Dolphins were willing to pay.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

U jelly.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not at all, why would I want a guy who can't beat out T-Jax? T freaking Jax?

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You have a guy who couldnt beat out T-Jax. Probably several of them, actually.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

None of them are making anywhere close to the money Flynn is though.

14. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Garrard > T-Jax. Moore showed more last season than Jackson has ever done as well.

15. SRW

I don't know if that's Philbin thinking Flynn didn't have what it takes or Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland having their heads up their asses, again.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

People keep saying this and it's way off base, Ireland knows talent and listened to his HC on what fits his system, as for Ross, dude is a big mouth but keeps the decisions to his football people.