WR Derrick Mason Set To Head Into Retirement As A Raven

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After 15 seasons in the NFL, Derrick Mason is set to go into retirement as a Raven, Matt Vensel of the Baltimore Sun reports. Mason, the franchise’s all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards, is expected to announce his retirement at a news conference tomorrow at the Ravens’ practice facility, the Under Armour Performance Center, in Owings Mills. General Manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh will take part in the festivities. “I would love to retire as a Raven,†Mason, who still lives in the Nashville area, said. “Tennessee gave me an opportunity -- and I will always be grateful for that -- to actually live out one of my dreams and play this game and play at a high level. But once I got to Baltimore, that’s when I really started to grow as a player, that’s when I really started to understand what this game was about, why I was playing it. That’s why I want to retire as a Raven, because I had some great, great memories there and I met a lot of great people. That’s my football family.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Congrats D-Mase, Thanks for 6 good years

3. why is he retiring as a Raven. I'm kind of annoyed at him for that.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah pretty crapty since he played for the Titans longer...oh well heck him!!!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was with the Titans/Oilers for 8 seasons? If I were guessing, I'd guess he'd retire a Titan...

6. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea i thought he should go down as a titan. I remember using him in madden he was a beast

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm sure he would have retired a Titan if they didn't come up a few inches from a Super Bowl title.