Yankees Robinson Cano Says Royals Fans Crossed Line By Yelling At His Family

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano took it in stride when fans at Kauffman Stadium booed him throughout the All-Star Game festivities this week. But he said Royals fans "crossed the line" when they subjected his family to similar treatment during the Home Run Derby on Monday.Cano told reporters Tuesday night that fans yelled at his family members, including his mother, when they left their seats to go to the restroom during the Derby. He declined to be more specific but said he believed the fans went too far."This is a game," Cano said. "We're All-Stars. And if I get booed, I don't really care. But when they start with your family, that's over the line."Thank God they didn't do anything more (than yell). You don't want people to take it too far and do something to your family. It's just a game. You want to have fun with it and go home with some good memories."

Source: ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Heard about this on the radio this afternoon. That's just inexcusable. Royals fans really gonna draw a line in the sand over Billy freaking Butler? Give me a break.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea i agree mush they went wayyyy over board

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Waaaaaay over the line. Booing Cano is fine...but his family...heck off...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Fixed...lol.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I thought the Midwest was supposed to be classy

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Leave Cano's family alone! Only Yankee fans can disrespect other team's families.

How quickly we forgot how Mrs. Lee was treated by Yanks fans.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That doesn't make this right. Come on K.

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the train of thought that Cano had it coming for not selecting Butler is utter nonsense.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Don't see why some player's family should be treated differently than an average visitor? Visitors are usually treated horribly at most stadiums. That is why I watch all games now on tv. Don't have to hear that crap or get beer thrown on me or worse, some drunk heck wanting to fight because I am cheering for my team.

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Because his family was 'targeted' by ignorant KC 'fans'. It one thing to lay into someone wearing the opposing team's jersey in your house. But this was an All-Star game. No where near the same atmosphere.

12. Buck Fenson

they knew they was his family? In that case I agree. That is why I hate this site. Always get facts here.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hahahaha...

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

dont worry, "santa" knows who's naughty and nice.

15. Buck Fenson

rearrange the letters and you get satan.

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I was thinking the very same thing.

17. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Didn't say it made it right just quit ur snitchin' about it. You upset the hometown fans & they reacted... did you expect them not to?

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

yes HE disappointed theKC fans. his family didnt.

19. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Agree to disagree