Eagles QB Michael Vick Promises To Protect Himself In 2012

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jul 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

One knock on Michael Vick is his inability to start and finish a season. He was knocked out of three games last year with the Philadelphia Eagles and hasn't played a 16-game slate since 2006. "I want to make a promise to all my fans that I'm going to make a conscious effort, a cognitive effort, to make sure that I protect myself," Vick told WPEN-FM in Philadelphia. "And you know my motto has been this for the last six months, and I repeatedly said to myself: 'Get the next yard on the next play.' Ya know, whether I'm running the football or scrambling or trying to do something improvising. Get the next yard on the next play. Vick talked about leaving yards for second and third down, an unusual suggestion for a quarterback, but the Eagles are pushing Vick to tone down the scramble-into-traffic act. "Praying to God that I can play 16 games," Vick said. "I know that's the key to the season. I know deep down in my heart. And even though I believe in the players behind me, the players around me, I know what I can do and I know what I can bring to the table each and every Sunday, so I know it's paramount that I'm out on the field."

Source: NFL.com

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Keep dreaming slim.. You have to face Ware and that nasty front line of the Giants twice a year... And with your LT out... My money says you don't make it past mid season. sorry Eagles fans..

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

there gonna have to catch him first with going 5-1 in the division last year not really worried about division opponents. They dident have the best luck in catching him last year

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You're dreaming.:icon_rolleyes:

5. JOTZ

JOTZ Rookie

If Vick can stay healthy the Eagles will have a chance at the NFC crown. That and if Shady plays his A game again.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He hasn't played a full 16-game season since he's been an Eagle.

7. ball in the baskett

ummmm not really its based on fact playing the cowboys last year he probably felt like it was 2 hand touch how easily he had his way with that defense.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Signing Bell means the cupboard isnt bare. LT isnt an absolute weakness. He is no Peters, but at least he experienced

On the other side of the coin, Bell didnt have to play 6 games VS, JPP, Ware and Orakpo either

9. Jihad Joe

It isnt about how well he played or will play, its about how many hits he is going to take

10. ball in the baskett

He dident get to many hits in either game

11. Jihad Joe

He also had Peters

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sacked 6 times between the two (4 & 2.) :icon_scratch:

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You guys didn't know BITB just throws a lot of crap against the wall.

14. ball in the baskett

hmm dident seem like it been a while since football was here dont remember exactly just assumed

15. Jihad Joe

I think Ware had 3 in that blowout loss

Sent from my HTC Vivid