Ex-Cowboys RB Emmitt Smith Says He'd Lie About Concussions To Keep Playing

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jul 21, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith started 219 games in the NFL and absorbed abuse in every one of them. Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu estimated this week that players suffer between 50 and 100 untracked head injuries during their career. Few played as long as Smith, who spent 15 seasons in the league. When Smith was asked about Polamalu's admission that he's lied about head injuries to stay in games, the Hall of Fame running back said he'd do the same. "Oh, most definitely," Smith told NBC SportsTalk. "At the end of the day, if I can make it happen, I'm going to make it happen. I'm going to do what I have to do." That might sound foolish, but Smith -- like Polamalu -- talked about the mind-set of a young NFL player, being counted on to help his team win. "How many people think about -- 'Someday, I'm going to be 50?' -- when they're 20-something years old?" Smith said. "As a young player, you can go through certain things that you might not understand the repercussions right then and there because it's in the moment."

Source: NFL.com

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He didn't lie, his grammar is just so bad the trainers couldn't understand him. So when he had his concussion babble going they just thought it was normal.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Way to forcibly exclude yourself from joining the concussion lawsuits, dummy.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I think he is smarter than that.. He didn't squander his money, so he doesn't need to jump on that band wagon.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's only been out of the league a few years, he's got plenty of time yet for squandering.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGT08DTk3NM]Emmitt Smith Can't Speak Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I have a family member who works for him. And let me tell you, said family member said he is a complete cheapskate. I have a feeling he will be one of the few that don't end up broke.

I don't remember anyone saying he was a scholar. LOL!!!