Raw 1000

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Monday, July 23, 2012
    1000th Raw

So far on the schedule:
    DX Reunion - HBK and HHH or the whole band with Billy, Dogg and Pac?
    Brock Lesnar responds to HHH's request about Summer Slam.
    The Rock live and in person.
    Cena/Punk for the WWE Championship
    The new General Manager for both Raw and Smackdown is revealed.
    Plus many more!

I think the show has potential to be PPV worthy but I think it also has the potential to be "The Higher Power" or "Katie Vick" quality. Thoughts?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I may put this on out of curiosity...

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

At least give it a DVR.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Apparently word is they're also going to get up their big summer angle like the Punk and Nexus thing. I doubt it'll be as good but it's something right? I'm pretty sure the Rock will cost Cena his match with Punk for the title and that'll be that.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Won't have TV Monday night. They won't be out to move our DTV until the 28th. Only way I'll be sad to miss this is if the whole DX returns.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

potential to be another crap fest too

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

That's all WWE is lately.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am actually looking forward to this. Not too proud to admit I am a fan and this is as loaded a show as they have had in a long while. I just wonder where they go once this and Summerslam is over and it's the same 'ol same 'ol.

9. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

If Cena wins the title, I will stop watching Raw. And if Punk wins, you know it won't be clean. Freaking WWE.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Not that it was hard to guess, but ding ding.

God forbid a face becoming more over than the golden boy John Cena! Ridiculous turn.

That ending pissed me off.

11. dublin mike

Absolutely horrible. They should have been talking about how Cena has never beaten Punk, but instead it was all about how this would be Punk's toughest challenge as world champ, even though he had already beaten Cena twice. Wasn't surprised at all, especially when I saw what time the match started.

The only good thing that could come about this is a possible Punk heel turn. I don't think he's a full blown heel yet, maybe they are trying to make him like Austin. DTA.

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

It's just all round stupid. Cena is the golden boy and shown last night they will do anything to retain that, taking a massive dump on Punk in the process.

I honestly don't believe there's any possibles or maybes about it, it reminds me so much of the Christian heel turn, a completely justifiable act but somehow he's the bad guy from it. I fully expect Punk to go into hyper-snitch mode (Ya know, as everyone who turns heel in the 'E completely lose their balls and most of their ability) before doing the job to both Cena & Rock.

13. dublin mike

I'm hoping not. I like Heel Punk much better than the face version, and I hope he gets the same freedom on the mic that he has had before. If that happens he won't stay heel long. It'll be like when they turned Austin heel, it lasted all of about 3 months if I remember correctly. People couldn't boo the man.

14. dublin mike

But I agree, it is a crap move.

15. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

RAW Results for 7/23/12 - Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri

Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, and Sin Cara defeated Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, and Alberto Del Rio in 4:20.

Brodus Clay pinned Jack Swagger in 0:15.

The Miz defeated Christian to win the Intercontinental Title in 7:40.

Lita defeated Heath Slater in 1:55.

C.M. Punk fought John Cena to an apparent no-contest in 11:15

For detailed results, go here

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

3 hours and only 5 matches. :huh:

My prediction for the Royal Rumble:
    You get a long fued between Rock and Punk all the way to the Rumble.
    Rock wins the title at the rumble. Cena wins the Royal Rumble.
    And you get a Rock vs Cena re-match at Wrestlemania for the belt.

17. dublin mike

Summerslam main event prediction: Big Show/Punk vs Rock/Cena

More likely scenario triple threat w/Punk/Cena/Show

18. SRW

Actually I didn't mind the finish. They turned Punk heel by attacking the Rock instead of Cena. You know you would have gotten a split crowd reaction if he would have gone after Cena.

Either way it was a fun, nostalgia filled show. The funniest moment had to be when Mae Young and Mark henry's son showed up. One of the funniest payoffs to an old gag.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i enjoyed loved seeing lita back shes looking real good like she could still wrestle should teach some of todays divas how its done. Only disapointment was not seeing austin but he was busy. cena mitb was kind of useless loses by dq really u know hes gonna go against punk at summerslam anyway

20. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRD2dBFH3E0]Cena's "mistake" - "Backstage Fallout" Raw 1,000 - July 24, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Show killed in the ratings too: WWE Touts Success Of The 1000th Episode Of RAW
    Also, it's a press release so it's ok to post in it's entirety. In case anyone was wondering.