Falcons CB Asante Samuel Takes Offense With Notion He’s In A Steep Decline

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel wouldn’t confirm if he has Oct. 28 highlighted on his digital calendar. But clearly he has taken note of a newspaper report that Eagles coach Andy Reid felt his skills were in steep decline. “No comment,†Samuel said after Tuesday’s practice. “We’ll see who’s in steep decline.†It was noted that the Falcons travel to play Reid and the Eagles in October. “We’ll figure out who’s in steep decline then,†Samuel said. The Falcons sent a seventh-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles to acquire Samuel on April 25. He was signed to a three-year, $18.5 million contract.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

As a Saints fan I hope that is the case. But somehow I doubt it.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I do think hes on the decline he wasent great last year only 3 picks and hes most known for his interceptions

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I don't think he's on a steep decline yet. I think he will be shortly though. He might have a year or two of good play before the decline.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I agree with BS, I also think he's got a couple of decent years left in him. I would not mind being wrong about that though.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

corners like him dont sharply decline, he doesnt ever really tackle its not like hes taking a beating out there. he probably has a decent amount of years left in him

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I love how he starts off with no comment then immediately starts talking crap. Um, they're going to print that, guy...

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I doubt he gives a heck what they print, he's making a response to a former coach who kicked him to the curb and then made a steep decline comment. What's he supposed to do sit there and take the beating. I mean of course he should just show him up by making him look like a fool for cutting him with his play.

That being said the guy barely ever tackles, and even though he didn't have as many picks as people would have hoped last year he still was good in coverage, I'd give him a few more good years.