NFL Proposes Reducing Saints LB Jonathan Vilma's Suspension

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Aug 5, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL has offered to reduce Saints LB Jonathan Vilma’s suspension from one year to eight games, according to an ESPN report. Settlement talks are ongoing between the league, NFLPA and legal representatives for Vilma and the other players suspended for the Saints’ bounty program. A reduction in the suspension, however, is conditional upon Vilma dropping his defamation suit against commissioner Roger Goodell. In a July 26 hearing, Judge Ginger Berrigan “expressed concerns about Goodell’s actions,â€￾ ESPN reported, as players denied witnessing Vilma offer a bounty for injuring QBs Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. Settlement talks are set to continue Monday and the next scheduled appearance before Judge Berrigan is Friday.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Hmmmmm

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

LMAO....love it....hahahaha things are about to get even more interesting

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

now why would he do that? Just wondering why? If he was so sure Vilma did that then he has nothing to worry about. I can understand about the DUI and stuff like that but what he did with the "bounty" stuff was subjective as far as the evidence I have seen. Look, I am all in favor of cleaning up the sport but I feel he should have hard evidence on something like the bounty scandal if Godell wants to suspend Vilma for a whole year. What would I do if he came at me with a lighter sentence? I would probably go for broke and tell him to stick it. But if Vilma does that he better walk the straight and narrow for the rest of the time he is in the league.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Goodal is gonna get sued out of the NFL in 2 years

Sent from my HTC Vivid

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

You don't need to make deals with 50,000 pages of evidence....lol

7. bossco

bossco Rookie

Exactly what i was thinking. Why make a deal if you have some one by the balls. 50000 pages of "proof" you don't cut a deal.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this should get intresting. in my oppinnion i dont think the NFL should reduce it.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bingo! Wonder why they are "offering" a "deal...". Lol...

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i love vilma, hes awesome

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

ROFL! Goodell trying to use this to get out of his suit. Looks like more lies coming from the NFL in this case. For the love of God, we need Goodell gone now.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Vilma is suing Goddell according to something Schefter juts posted

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Like TO said... Get your popcorn ready.