First Female NFL Official Shannon Eastin Debuts Thursday In San Diego

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thursday night's preseason action in San Diego will make a little league history. As first reported by Sam Farmer of the Los Angles Times, replacement official Shannon Eastin will work Thursday's game between the San Diego Chargers and Green Bay Packers. The NFL confirmed the news to Around the League. Eastin will become the first female official of an NFL game. The real question now is whether she'll be the first female to work during an NFL regular season game.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Coming from a refereeing family, good for her. She must have a lot of talent even if she is a replacement.

...on the other hand, not sure if there are any union guys here, she's a scab.

3. Congrats I guess? I'm all for female refs. Can't see why it would be bad for the game.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

First player to drop the C-word?

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I'm sure the C-word has been dropped already several times.

Still taking my stance on this female ref's no thanks. I don't know why but I don't want a woman official unless she is wearing a skimpy outfit. Bring it on ladies I know I'm a pig.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hopefully shes better than sunday nights crew

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

^No crap..

Yeah I can see this going badly, but she knows what she's getting herself into I'm sure.

Now did they have to assign her to the nationally-televised game, I'm not so sure.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

If she can stay with the play and knows the rules...who gives a heck what s*x she is. She can probably run better than some of those freaking old codgers out there...

9. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

If she can actually call a good game, good for her! :)

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this should be intresting

11. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

prefer your women barefoot and preggars huh?

12. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Always.

Really, does it matter at all?

13. Huxley

Huxley ...

OMG A GURL!

Okay, that's out of the way now, sorry. Seriously though, that's pretty good to see.