*Update* Magic Trade C Dwight Howard To The Lakers

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ragman, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Good point, but the opportunity is still there.

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this was a great trade by the Lakers. I wouldnt pencil them into the Finals yet. Theres still alot of Talent out there in West but they defentley made a big step forward ahead to the Finals.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

it will be entertaining to watch

dont know if they'll be able to beat OKC still

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I still think OKC is the best in the west.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Because Kobe is a snitch?

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

A 2012-13 WCFinals between LA and OKC would remind me of the 2004 NBA Finals. It would end the same way for the Lakers. A collection of names getting abused by an actual team.

IMO a desperate attempt to get another ring for Kobe

Sent from my HTC Vivid

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

thats what ive been saying about this since i heard of the trade

9. Crowned

Malone and Payton were washed up when they joined LAL, Nash was 2nd in the league in assists last season, and Dwight Howard is the best center in the game.. Not sure if it's comparable.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This trade is just an example of the inmates being in charge of the asylum.:icon_frown: And the owners don't have a leg to stand on to try to stop them. The ONLY thing I like about this trade is that Steve Nash has a chance to get a ring. I've always liked him.

11. Jihad Joe

It's throwing players together in an attempt to go all the way. It's worked once in the same season. Boston. They also had no real competition in the East. LA won't have that luxury. Nash is still viable, but he is ancient and can break down at any time. Gasol and Metra World Peace can also have a steep decline at any time. They are going to have to beat a younger, and better OKC team who is just hitting stride as a contender. I don't think they can. OKC has the defenders to at least durress the Lakers scorers. Anyone the Lakers put on Durrant and Westbrook is a huge mismatch, Attest included

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. Crowned

OKC/LAL will come down to how well Perkins can defend Howard. Boston beat LAL in the finals because of Perkins defense on Gasol before, it will be a great series.

13. Jihad Joe

You could be right but I don't agree. Perkins is a defender and tough as nail. He won't beat or offset Howard, but he will fight him to the death and make him work for everything

What IMO makes that series a 5 game OKC win is Durrant and Westbrook sodemizing Nash and Artest on offense. Artest can still be counted on for some defense, but at his age he can't be counted to slow someone like Durant. To compete with OKC, they need to add a top wing defender.

THEY need to find a way to beat OKC, not the other way around. Howard definately helps, but of all the teams, his addition effects OKC the least IMO

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The lakers are done dealing now aren't they? This had to put them way into the luxury tax.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

15. Jihad Joe

Do they have any expiring deals?

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. Crowned

I barely even see Artest as an average defender anymore, Durant will definitely be a matchup nightmare for them. Kobe can man up on Westbrook if need be.

17. Steve12

Honestly I don't know.

18. ragman

IMO, the Lakers are about winning championships. Howard is about Howard. This team could not do as well as people think.

19. Steve12

I like kobe so I want him to win another title. But I hate Dwight so I want him to lose. Best case scenario, lakers win but Dwight is hurt for at least the playoffs.

20. ragman

My job is easy. I don't like either one of them.