2012 #1 Pick

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Crowned, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Well guys, we did the lotto for my money league and I got the #1 pick. I never like getting it, but what can you do. Anyways looking to gather some opinions on who the #1 fantasy guy this year is going to be. 14 team league, PPR rules.

I guess my early thoughts are

Arian Foster (Vegan diet wat)
    Ray Rice (sign already)
    Matt Forte (Could be injury prone)
    Aaron Rodgers (really don't like qb at #1, but DAMN Rodgers is money.)

Any thoughts?

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd go with Rice I think. I have Forte in one league and I'm not keeping him because of the injury and I have less risky options. LeSean McCoy and Foster would be my other choices at the top this year.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'd go Foster, Rice, McCoy, Calvin Johnson, in that order. Rodgers is certainly the first QB I'd take.

4. Crowned

Yea Foster is my early favorite, just gathering others thoughts here. Going to be a looooong wait after that 1st pick.

5. ragman

You sure lucky to get that first pick. If that was me, I'd get a pick late in the round. By that time, all of the best players are off the board.

6. Crowned

I like picking near the middle, but after the first long wait it won't be too bad getting back to back picks. May try to grab a double dip combo with my 2 & 3 picks. Hopefully something like Brees/Graham will be there or something.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the 8-12 range as well...

I think Foster is the early #1 pick...

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Foster over McCoy? Crazy asses.

::homer::

9. ragman

Will you get the first pick every round? Or, is this a "snake" draft where you get the first pick in odd numbered rounds and the last pick in even numbered rounds? If this is a "snake" draft, Brees may not be available at the end of Round 2.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

PPR? Rice hands down.

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Tim Tebow. :D Jk.

Uhm. PPR, I'd probably go Rice. or if you go with a QB, maybe Sproles will be available at your next pick. Great for PPR.

12. Crowned

Draft is close to the end of the month, I haven't done much research but I'm still leaning toward Arian Foster. Just bumping this discussion for maybe some more opinions.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have the same question. In a standard scoring league, bonus points for long TD's, 100+ rushing receiving, 300+ passing and 10 or more receptions per game (+5 points.)

Arian Foster is a keeper so he's off the board leaving:

Ray Rice
    LeSean McCoy
    Calvin Johnson
    Aaron Rodgers

My two keepers are (homer and value...lol) Antonio Brown (11th Round) and BenRoethlisberger (8th Round.) We can start 1 RB and 3WR or 2 and 2...

Thoughts?

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Why would you keep players like ben and brown that wouldent even go in the first couple rounds? Do you have any better options on your team.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

No player selected in the first three rounds is allowed to be kept. Ben in the 8th round and Brown as an 11th round pick are HUGE values...you typically wouldn't get those guys there...Ben has gone earlier on average in the mocks I've looked at between 5 and 7, Brown has gone between 4 and 6...

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

ah that makes more sense

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION]. Been looking more and more into this since I have the #1 pick in one of my big money leagues and Rodgers keeps coming up as the guy to take...like you, I feel a little strange and hesitant to take him, but like you said, he's money...

18. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

It's tough because i do think Rodgers and Brady(Lloyd, softer schedule)will have epic years but taking a QB #1 seems to always leave me lacking elsewhere, its like the guys im targeting end up snatched up right before i pick. I do think Matt Ryan in the 5th would be just about as good a value as there is but he's starting to get pushed up some. I'd probably go Foster #1 and target Ryan, Romo, Eli, etc. in rounds 4 thru 6.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think I'm going to go Rodgers and try to get a mid-level RB and WR coming around. Jennings seems to be an option in a lot of mocks there...also there for WR are Welker, White, saw Andre Johnson in one (lol) .... Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Trent Richardson, Frank Gore...all seem to be around at that 24/25 pick...

Even later in Rounds 4 and 5, Reggie Bush, Benson, Wells, Stewart are available...and keep in mind, I can get away starting one RB and 3 WR...