Nick Foles Sharp As Eagles Down Browns 27-10

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Aug 24, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Nick Foles threw for 146 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Philadelphia Eagles past the Cleveland Browns, 27-10, in a preseason contest on Friday.

Foles, who got the start while Michael Vick recovers from a rib injury, completed 12-of-19 passes with an interception in the first half.

Brent Celek and Dion Lewis each caught a touchdown pass from Foles, while Brett Brackett caught a TD from Trent Edwards in the third quarter.

Brandon Weeden went 9-for-20 through the air for 117 yards in the start for Cleveland. The 22nd overall pick was sacked three times and fumbled twice, losing one.

These two teams will meet again on Sept. 9 in Week 1 of the upcoming season.

Source: Sports Network

2. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000054638/Eagles-vs-Browns-highlights]NFL Videos: Eagles vs. Browns highlights[/ame]

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The Browns announcers kept comparing the Foles situation to the Rams when Trent Green got hurt and Kurt Warner stepped in. I'd be okay with Foles actually playing during the regular season. I know it's the Browns and all but hey, kid looked good.

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

The Nick Foles Era has begun.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Still not sold till I see him in some regular season action, but at least I have some hope now at the backup QB spot. I mean heck, Kafka and Edwards were pencilled in. How dreadful is that?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

...and regular season action you will see...

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

1 more game to see him play watch vick play all 16 games now that we have a decent backup option lol

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

QB controversy in Philly!

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Not even a question.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I want to see what he can do against a defense disguising schemes and blitzes. He's gotten himself an A in preseason and camp though.

11. ragman

So, is Kafka gone?

12. SRW

Broken hand, he'll be back though.

13. ragman

OK. I didn't hear that Kafka broke his hand. I just know Foles played well again.

14. SRW

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I was reading an article today in Philly about who will be the 3rd QB in Philly, Foles or Edwards. Really? Is this actually a debate? I freaking hate sports sometimes.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's no way it should EVER come up in a debate or a discussion at this point...:icon_scratch:

17. SRW

Trent Edwards should be a camp body and that's it.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It must have been Kafka they talked about, not Foles.