Seahawks To Trade QB Tarvaris Jackson To The Bills

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ian Rapport of NFL.com reports that sources have informed him that the Seattle Seahawks will trade backup QB Tarvaris Jackson to the Buffalo Bills. The deal has yet to be finalized, by is expected to be completed in the near future.

This is certainly a surprising move as the Bills haven’t been mentioned as one of the team’s in the trade market for a backup quarterback, but there have been several reports that Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen have both been very underwhelming throughout training camp. Many believed that the Packers or Cardinals were the most likely destinations for Jackson after Russell Wilson and Matt Flynn solidified the top-two roster spots.

Jackson will likely be asked to restructure his current contract that will pay him $4 million for the upcoming season.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Shows how terrible Vince Young really is when you have to trade for Tavaris freaking Jackson.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vince Young was the drizzling craps last night. Must have scared them straight up in Buffalo.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[MENTION=3886]buffalobillsfan1[/MENTION]

Man I love doing this

5. Huxley

Huxley ...

[MENTION=3886]buffalobillsfan1[/MENTION]

Hopping on that bandwagon.

6. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Don't assume the Bills will cut VY now. I think they will cut Thigpen and Brad Smith to save money. Especially if they have to pay Jackson the 4 mil he is due next year.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

LMAO!!!

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Brad Smith is a multi purpose threat and Thigpen is a valuable, reliable QB with a multi year deal.

Vince Young has a cheap one year deal and no value as a backup, I'd be surprised if I'm not linking you to the Vince Young cut thread in a weeks time.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Season hasn't started. VY will be the starter. Don't you worry.

:laughy32:

10. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Maybe VY will be able to start his own "Dream Team".

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Seems like both VY AND Thigpen are gone. Team is committed to Smith as the #3/gadget guy

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Looks like someone is 0 for 2...

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol you guys are hecked up funny he was cut though

15. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

his team is 0 for 4 in Super Bowl's.....he's used to it