Robert Griffin III Says Rams Did ‘A Lot Of Dirty Things’ Against Redskins

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Sep 19, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Say this for Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan: He hasn’t put a muzzle on his rookie quarterback. On Wednesday, Robert Griffin III said that the St. Louis Rams crossed the line with some of their tactics in Sunday’s game.

“There was some extracurricular stuff after plays,†Griffin said, according to Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com. “They were doing a lot of dirty things. The game was unprofessional.â€

El-Bashir cited two examples that RGIII might have been referring to: On one, linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar delivered a forearm to Griffin’s head after Griffin released the ball. On the other, Griffin took a high hit from safety Quintin Mikell that Griffin thought was helmet-first.

“Some of the shots were cheap, of that nature,†Griffin said. “It’s nothing I can control. Teams are going to try and hit me because they don’t think that I can take a hit. I think I’ve proved over my career that I can. It’s football.â€

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, fisher's teams have a reputation for that stuff so it wouldn't shock me i suppose. i didn't watch this game so i can't really comment on any particular things in it though.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Doesn't matter. You're not at Baylor anymore homey. You're in the NFL. People are going to hit you a little harder and sometimes a little later.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Titans, under Fisher, were definitely a rough bunch. I think they led the league in personal foul penalties...by a lot.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

welcome to the NFL rook

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Nothing like making sure you're on everyone's radar for telling tales out of school.

Now we'll see how much abuse you can really take...NFL abuse. This ain't your daddy's Alma mater...

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This. If he wasn't already a target because of all the press he surely is now. Good luck kid!

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He was just putting a bug in the replacement refs ears. They may have missed some calls last week, but he may benefit from some calls this week because of what he said.

On occasion, you might see a coach on the sideline telling a ref to watch for something that a team is doing. Why is this any different?

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I would agree if he was talking about what he saw on film of the Bengals. I don't think talking about his last opponent will help him get calls this week.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This, especially with the douches that are calling games now. They need to concentrate on just getting the calls right.