Eagles QB Michael Vick Not Worried About Losing Starting Job

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick will get his shot against the defending Super Bowl champion New Yor Giants on Sunday night despite some murky comments about his job status made Monday by head coach Andy Reid, words that took on a life of their own in the media, Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly reports.

Reid later clarified on his radio show that Vick is still his starter and Wednesday blamed the viral concern about his quarterback’s job security on “bad semantics.â€

“Michael is our starting quarterback,†Reid repeated after Wednesday’s walkthrough.

He had already addressed this with Vick, who acknowledged the brief conversation that took place and then shrugged off suggestions that he’s suddenly on thin ice.

“I heard it but I really don’t pay attention to what’s being said, unless it hear it from Coach himself,†Vick said. “Other than that, we talked about it and it’s all about me going out and getting ready for this week against New York.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

'I know I'm golden because Reid still has a big old fat boner over me. And what are they going to do? Put in a rookie QB? Trent Edwards?'

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Is it bad to hope Tuck breaks him Sunday?

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

andy also had a boner for donovan and we know how that turned out

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Continuously losing when it mattered most in the playoffs?

6. ball in the baskett

haha hop off seriously yea we came up short in the nfc championship alot making it to as many as they did alone is hard for any team to do.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Seriously. Let's be honest here. 5 took that team to 5 NFC Championship Games. His weapons were Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash and Charles Johnson. McNabb did A LOT in his prime. But either way Vick is safe unless he get's injured. This is still a top 4 offense in the NFL as far as yards and such. They just can't score and that's due largely in part because Vick's a moron.

8. ball in the baskett

Vick needs to stop with the turnovers and hell be fine. Has to get the ball out faster then he does. If he cant find someone open heck it just run like u did in atlanta. His chance of getting hurt in the pocket by a sack or on a play when he trys to run for it is the same. Cant find anyone book it

9. ball in the baskett

You are watching the eagles giants this week right duke? My feeling was that after the game you were just pissed and said you wouldent watch em now that u got some time to cool off a little better? lol

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He needs to understand his progressions. Check 1, check 2, check 3, check row z. And I'm actually not watching the Eagles game. A bunch of family in town this weekend so unfortunately I won't get to see it. That being said they seem to do better against the Giants when I don't watch. ;) I did burn my McNabb jersey though........kidding, but I thought about it.

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

He should be concerned about losing his job on my fantasy team. Seriously though, he can't continue to play this poorly with Reid's job on the line and not lose his starting spot.

12. ball in the baskett

if hes your starter and not ure backup ure fantasy team is in trouble from the start

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yeah why would he he's already thrown what 3 picks in the first game and 2 in the second...nah you're cool.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

don't expect the eagles to sit vick very quickly folks ............. the eagles just gave vick a $100 mill contract a year ago, which included $40 mill guaranteed and teams are reluctant to admit mistakes and let money go to 'waste' quickly.

15. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Nah, I'm good. I'm stacked elsewhere so I'm 2-1 despite his performance so far.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

No crap which is why I'm rooting for Tuck to break his leg.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not that I expect them to lift Vick quickly, but the situation is much different here. Reid is fighting for his job this season. A loss this week with a crapty Vick performance shouldn't shock anyone if Andy makes a QB change week 5. Don't forget that Reid chose Kolb over McNabb, but once Vick stepped in after Kolb got hurt, he went with Vick despite stating previously that Kolb was his QB.

I have a feeling that Vick will have a decent game, making this all moot for a couple of weeks anyway.