Seahawks Select West Virginia DE/LB Bruce Irvin (Rd.1, No.15)

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 15th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Bruce Irvin, OLB (West Virginia). Irvin has been one of the better pass rushers in college football the past two years and has made a large number of plays behind the line of scrimmage. He projects well as a 3-4 outside linebacker yet must polish his game and learn to make plays in reverse rather than straight-ahead. He offers a good amount of upside and the potential to be a very productive NFL player in the future.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

major head scratcher. even if he turns out to be good, they could have gotten him in the 2nd.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Carroll and Schneider have a very interesting way of going about their draft.

4. def. a reach but apparently a bunch of 3-4 teams further down wanted him in the 1st. That's normally always true.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

After looking a little deeper and watching more game film and combine tape... and listening to how Carroll plans to use him... I can see why he reached for him.

I think the kid is gonna light crap up.

6. Dude was a 3-3-5 DE in college

Best position is as a 3-4 OLB

will play 4-3 DE in the pros

sucks for him

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Kid is certainly lighting it up early on...

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Who called it???

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

well done sir

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Props!!

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It is a little premature... but if the kid can keep his crap together, he'll be just like Clay Matthews.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

similar numbers maybe but they are pretty different types of players. i thought theyd use him in a von miller tpye role but they put him on the edge and let him go.

horrid against the run though, hence his 5 tackles total. every other layer around or above his number of tackles has between 11-18, he has a very specific role and he thrives in it though

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He thrives doing exactly what Carroll drafted him to do. He might get better at the other things as the years tick by.

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

oh i know, they have a very specific role for him. Chase down the guy throwing the ball. Definite room to improve, id still say "reach" but sometimes you gotta reach to get your guy

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Meh he's no Aldon Smith.