Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez Desperate To Raise Lombardi Trophy

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Atlanta Falcons are undefeated, 7-0. Future Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez wants to make sure you -- and more importantly, we -- take notice.

"Is the national media making a big deal about us like they would if it was Philly, Green Bay or New England? No, they're not," Gonzalez said Thursday, according to USA Today Sports. "We played Philly and beat them. And Philly was on TV all week."

Valid point. While Matt Ryan did visit "NFL AM" this week to discuss the Falcons season and his MVP chances, we have talked a lot about Michael Vick here at NFL Media.

"We don't care," Gonzalez said. "Our goals are bigger than just getting national media attention. They'll recognize us if we go where we want to go. I've day-dreamed about raising that Lombardi Trophy. I can see it in my mind."

The 16-year pro is desperate to culminate this season with a championship. He said before the season that he was "95 percent sure" this would be the final year of his career.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm not sure Tony G. has ever been on a team that has won a single playoff game.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't remember him winning one. There was one year the Chiefs were 13-3 and got knocked out in the divisional game...

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He has not won a playoff game in his career. He won't win one this year either.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Matty Ice is always cool in the regular season and melts come the postseason.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

hey its a new year though i think they will actually pull out a win this year

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

They're the best team in the NFC right now. No reason they can't pull out a couple/few wind In The playoffs this year playing the way they are...

8. Buck Fenson

didn't they go like 13-3 a couple of years ago and lose in the first round? Perhaps they will win one but very doubtful.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

You talking about the Chiefs? They did in the early 2000's and I think they may have did it one or two times early in Gonzalez' career and then bowed out in the divisional round with no wins to show for it.

The Falcons did it in 2010 I think. Same result...

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this is the same atlanta team that scored 2 points in their last playoff game.

im just sayin

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They might have the best record but they aren't the best team by any means. Their pass O is beasty but their run game is crap and the defense is spotty at best. They've had a pretty cupcake schedule thus far as well, and it doesnt get much harder the rest of the way. Giants in week 15 thats about it, and by that point they should have everything locked up anyway.

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

it wouldnt surprise me if they are raising it this year. there having a great year

13. Buck Fenson

we always play them tough.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You don't play anyone tough. :icon_twisted:

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is said about every QB until they dont. romo, vick, rivers, cutler all have the same label. eli and peyton both did until they won

imo matt ryan and peyton manning have a lot in common

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And some never shake it.

Until they do, it deserves to be said.

17. Buck Fenson

hardeharhar