Some Changes To The Site 12/09/12

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You might notice some changes to the site this morning. This is all in an effort to scale back the site of modifications before we move the site to new forum software.

What's missing:
    * vBadvanced main portal page is gone now.

What's different:
    * Postbits are now vertical (Postbits are the mini profile information in each post)
    * Sidebar added to the site

There will be more changes coming as we get ready to transfer from vBulletin 3.8.6 to either vBulletin 4.2, vBulletin 5.0 or IP Board 3.4.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. SRW

I also added a handy link to each forum category on the forum's index that lets you see the latests active threads in that category only.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Honestly, I hate it. With the profiles on the left and the other stuf on the right, it's looks way to overloaded to me. i.e. I didn't need to see my user information, I know who I am
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

This is all in an effort to scale back the site of modifications before we move the site to new forum software.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

How I miss the 2.0 style. A clear arranged layout w/o any bling-bling
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Does that mean it's temporary until after the move?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yes, as SRW says he is scaling back the site of modifications so when we move to new software all the mods that aren't supported will already be gone, the site as it is now is NOT what the site will look like after the move.

We are just letting you all know that this is happening so you all are aware of the coming software move..THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SITE WILL LOOK LIKE PERMANENTLY...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Well then we appreciate all the backend work you are doing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So its going to look like this forever?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. SRW

No, we will more than likely be switching our site from vBulletin to IP Board soon. The site will look different though.

Update:

1. I consolidated the NCAA forums. We now have the following:
    • Latest NCAA Headlines
    • NCAA General Discussion
    • NCAA Gameday

2. I removed the profile information from the sidebar.

3. I set the sidebar to display all the latest NFL News posted.
    Posted via Mobile Device

11. SRW

Update:

Fantasy Sports Talk forum and all of it's 18 threads was merged into the Misc. Sports forum.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  12. SRW

Update:

The following forums have been merged into a new 'Entertainment Forum': TV/Movie Discussion, Music Lounge, Video Game Talk and Viral Videos
    Posted via Mobile Device

13. SRW

Update:

Added a Facebook Connect feature that members can use to tie their GIF accounts with their Facebook accounts. Also allows guest to register by using facebook instead of the old pain in the butt registration form.

People will now be able to share content from GIF by using the share button in the post options:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Does vBulletin charge you to upgrade to the newer software? Or are there certain features offered by IP that vB doesn't offer?

BTW the additional changes look better than it was yesterday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

15. SRW

vBulletin and IP Board are both investments. Software alone will set the site back 200-300 and modifications will cost about the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I miss the Turkey Theme...:(
    Posted via Mobile Device

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

When will this all be done? Having boxes on both sides at the Latest Headlines Forum, plus those big images almost made me overlook the articles....

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

change scares me

19. SRW

As soon as I have time and the site can afford the changes. Are you interested at all in helping the site out again? We could sure you some help to lessen the burden around here and free me up to work on the backend of the site some more.

20. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

We need to get some donations going again folks. I checked the donation thread and it was like 8 months since the last one. It's Christmas guys, lets all give a little.