Dennis Allen Says Using Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor Has Been ‘Discussed’

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Nov 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In light of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick taking the NFL by storm the past week, it seems reasonable that the Raiders might consider taking a look at second-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor at some point.

Unquestioned starter Carson Palmer is way down the list of things Raiders coach Dennis Allen has to worry about, even though people are quick to blame Palmer for the team’s 3-8 record.

Yet, Allen said Monday that he and his coaches have “discussed†the possibility of taking a look at Pryor in some capacity. It’s unclear whether that might be at quarterback or in some kind of special package that takes advantage of Pryor’s impressive combination of size, speed and elusiveness.

“He’s working to get better and he’s working to improve,†Allen said of Pryor. “I’ve seen improvement in Terrelle. He’s gotten better as a quarterback. He’s continued to work. I don’t think any of us feel like he’s the finished product, including himself, but he has worked to improve.â€

Before long, though, the Raiders need to decide whether Pryor is worthy of being Palmer’s successor or if there’s some way to use him other than as the full-time quarterback.

Source: Oakland Tribune
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah that's not gonna work out quite the same...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the carson palmer book has been written time to move on

pryor isnt the answer but maybe it will give the team a spark to at least remain competitive the rest of the season
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

still can't believe the raiders gave up so much for palmer ............ the bengals made out on that one
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im not sure its THAT different...pryor is just a much bigger butthole than kaepernick but they arent exactly that different as players

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You watch. lol

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i'm not sure we will have an easy time comparing Kaep and Pryor, considering Kaep has a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better team around him.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's really what I was getting at.