Warren Sapp Blasts Ndamukong Suh For Lacking Awareness, Not Evolving

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Warren Sapp, one of the greatest pass-rushing defensive tackles of all-time, has long been critical of Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh.

In January, Sapp said Suh needed to look in the mirror and reevaluate his game. On Thursday, the four-time All-Pro joined 'The Jim Rome Show' and continued his scathing assessment of Suh's recent play.

"When I watch him after a Sunday, when I sit down and watch the tape, get inside of it, he plays the game with no awareness, and just a blindness that I've never seen from a guy with that kind of ability and talent," Sapp said. "He's just wasting it. Then you see him make two, three plays a game, and outside of him kicking (Schaub) in the groin, when did he make another play?"

Rome asked Sapp, who finished his 13-year career with 96.5 sacks, to describe what he meant by saying Suh had no awareness.

"When you line up as a defensive tackle, you look at the set and go, 'Okay, 3rd-and-15.' The first thing I think is draw or screen," Sapp said. "The Houston Texans went five quarters running draws and throwing screens on 10-plus downs, on 10-plus yardage. At no point did he recognize any of this. I'm sitting there like, here comes another screen or draw, son. It's 2nd-and-15, 3rd-and-15, that's what teams do. They want to see if you're going to allow them to get the first down. Too many times I watch this young man put blinders on and he's just after the quarterback. They're not going to let you go to the quarterback free, son. You're not that good of a pass rusher, so realize it's a screen, turn, and go to the ball and help your team."

Does Sapp consider Suh overrated?

"When he hit this league, he was good," Sapp said. "When you talk about 10 sacks, he was real disruptive, but his game hasn't changed. He hasn't evolved. He hasn't evolved as a pass rusher, he hasn't evolved where he can play both sides and become disruptive, where now a team has to do only certain plays.

"When you played me, (Derrick) Brooks and (John) Lynch, you could only to run certain plays because you knew I was going to do certain things. Therefore, a lot of things get eliminated. This young man here plays this, I'm-stronger-than-you, beat-the-lineman-down (game) ... no! I mean, ugh. You watch people come to the line of scrimmage, they've been running wham on him two years. Really? You still haven't seen that lineman back there, with his feet patting, ready to come get you. I can't imagine that."

Source: MLive.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Can people please stop giving Warren Sapp an outlet to voice his opinion?

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's not wrong though.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, he is 100% correct of his assessment about Suh's on the field production

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829bf35c/Sapp-on-Suh-s-struggles]Sapp on Suh's struggles - NFL Videos[/ame]