Changes To The Site: NFL Team Forums/Member Article Section

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As most of you have noticed there have been some changes to the site. Here's a rundown:

1. There are now NFL Divisional forums with a forum for each NFL team
    2. Members can now start new discussions in the NFL forums and add the applicable team topic tags
    3. All topic tag links now take you to the team's forum which will display all the latest team news and team discussions
    4. The site's main drop-down menu has been edited to include quick links to the divisional forums and team forums
    5. We have a new member article section called the "NFL Writer's Block'. It's an open forum for members to post their own articles. This forum is not for the standard discussion thread. Think of it as an open blog platform for members to use when they feel inclined to contribute.
    6. Thread listings within the forums will now display a thumbnail image of either the first image or attachment in a thread.​

Hopefully these changes encourage members to create more content, find and discuss their teams more easily and feature some of the good work some of our members have been delivering to the site.

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

So the main news forum is gone, replaced by each team forum?

3. SRW

That is correct.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

So we have to search 33 forums for news?

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We go through this everytime something changes...use the drop down menus people...you want all the news??? drop down menu to NFL NEWS, needs only the headlines...drop down menu to TOP NFL HEADLINES...please use the menus you have at your disposal, it's there for YOU...

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Totally forgot about this :icon_redface:

thx

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

change threatens people. give it a while and it will be like it never changed. I remember when DOS was phased out. :D

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Cool, I'll need to change to making a new thread weekly for my rankings since it appears to list them by post date as a default. I don't mind doing that, I just didn't want to clutter the NFL forum before with my ranking threads. I'll still update the original thread just for easy archival purposes.

Edit: [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] is there a reason why it redirects when you click on the NFL Writers Block link and it doesn't when you click on the articles link on the top?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. SRW

Yeah it's the modification being used to put the articles up. I need to do some editing to the code to get rid of that redirect. I will try to get on that tonight after the games are done.

10. SRW

[MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], I don't know if you know this but if you use an image in your posts it will show up as a thumbnail in the article listings. Also, if you start a thread and embed a You Tube video in it, it will show up on our You Tube page.

11. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

So make the existing link many of us use:
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/

Forward to:
    nfl Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

no...

13. SRW

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  14. SRW

I want to thank [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION], [MENTION=2175]CaptainStubing[/MENTION], [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION], [MENTION=4028]gjsportsblog[/MENTION], [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION], [MENTION=1614]Mr. D[/MENTION], [MENTION=3089]steeljake75[/MENTION], [MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION], [MENTION=1346]Sportsguy9695[/MENTION], [MENTION=2771]VikingsFan28[/MENTION], [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION], [MENTION=1541]Chipper10[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION], [MENTION=1809]Agent Zero[/MENTION], [MENTION=627]WOODDRIVER[/MENTION], [MENTION=4024]nickski007[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3845]groenator[/MENTION] for sharing their thoughts with us in the new NFL Writer's forum.

We could really up our site's game if people tried to share at least one article a week in that section of the site. It would create a feature members can count on to enjoy and different home-grown content for visitors to find. I hope we get to see your thoughts and ideas this offseason in this section of the site. Please feel free to use it as an avenue to stand on your soapbox and tell it like it is.

15. SRW

Just seeing if any of our members who have contributed in the past would be open to helping out with some articles for the site. I know [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION], [MENTION=2175]CaptainStubing[/MENTION], [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION], [MENTION=4028]gjsportsblog[/MENTION], [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION], [MENTION=1614]Mr. D[/MENTION], [MENTION=3089]steeljake75[/MENTION], [MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION], [MENTION=1346]Dingleberry[/MENTION], [MENTION=2771]VikingsFan28[/MENTION], [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION], [MENTION=1541]Chipper10[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION], [MENTION=1809]Agent Zero[/MENTION], [MENTION=627]WOODDRIVER[/MENTION], [MENTION=4024]nickski007[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3845]groenator[/MENTION] have shared in the past.

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

What kind of stuff is newsworthy and stuff people would want to read? I'd like to try one out but not sure what to write about.