Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll Says He Feels Bad About Fake Punt Leading By 30

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn't call for the fake punt specifically against the Buffalo Bills leading by 30 points, Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times reports.

"I feel bad about this," Carroll said.

The Seahawks faced fourth-and-4 at the Buffalo 43, leading 47-17 with 12:49 to play in the game.

The Seahawks had prepared a fake punt in their game plan, designating it to be used if the Bills used a specific formation.

"It was an automatic for us," Carroll said.

The execution couldn't have been better but the timing, however, was a little off.

"We looked for it every time we were going to punt, and it was just there," Carroll said. "I should have stopped it in the sense that it looked bad."

Bills coach Chan Gailey was asked about it after the game.

"No comment," he said.

Source: The Redzone

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Somehow I don't think the Bills will buy it, Petey

:icon_smile:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Whatever...don't apologize...

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He explained himself. Made sense to me.

5. SRW

He just better remember he's not in the Pac 10 anymore. Someone's going to take their frustrations out on someone eventually out on the field.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

Score 100 points if you can. This isn't college. Screw mercy rules.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Just like all of the other teams called out for running up the score in the bigs... you don't like it, then stop the other team.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the 9ers were up 34 3 and the pats came back and tied the game you should never let up

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

knock them down and pee in their mouth

10. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-the-coaches/0ap2000000113115/The-Coaches-Show-Did-Pete-Carroll-run-up-the-score]'The Coaches Show': Did Pete Carroll run up the score? - NFL Videos[/ame]